If you are new to Foldit, here are detailed instructions to get you started:
HINT: If you are having trouble with this puzzle, try using the "Align Guide" tool:
By right clicking on a region of the protein (not the guide) it will pull up a menu with 6 tools. The bottom right one is "Align Guide". Clicking on it will align the native guide to the region of the protein you selected.
This will help you see what sections on your protein correspond to the guide!
Working with the guide is much more user friendly when you use the advanced viewing options.
In the game click on Menu->General Options and select "Show Advanced GUI" and click Done.
Click on View, turn on 'Show Outline,' set the background color to white, and view stubs on the sidechains, view the guide, and set color relative to guide. Turn all the other view options off."
If you want to fold proteins, know that there are many way to play and this variety is the main value of Foldit :
- try all puzzles not only "beginners" one,
- fold first the ones you like the most,
- try by yourself to understand what works and what doesn't,
- make your own strategy and at least try more than one, here some other strategies to play QTTN http://foldit.wikia.com/wiki/101_-_Puzzle_Levels_and_Types,
- ask for tips in global when you think you doesn't understand something.
Make sure you have followed these tutorials:
- lonely sheets,
- lock and lower,
- structure and rebuild,
- quest to the native
- control over clashing
before starting this puzzle.