Update in Dev Preview kills Mac client completely
|Opened on:||Wednesday, May 25, 2011 - 15:46|
|Last modified:||Wednesday, May 25, 2011 - 19:36|
I've been using the dev preview on my mac for a while, with no problems (in fact, I recently closed a case about Mac crashes).
I decided to do the new update last night (being sure to save what I wanted manually & uploading for myself).
The update killed my client completely. The popup told me that "The game has previously not started up correctly. If this problem persists, please install the latest version."
After clicking okay, this window popped up: Foldit could not load library: dlopen(cmp-binary-b23ba6......./game_library.dylib, 2): Symbol not found: _ZNSi10_M_extractlmEERSiR_
Referenced from: /Users/auntdeen/...../cmp-binary-b23ba6df80
I tried to open Foldit again, same results. Installed a fresh copy - changed to beta - same results.
Another fresh copy without changing to beta is working - but of course, since I saved my uploads in beta, I can't access them...
Here is the log.txt from the original installation:
core.init: command: /Users/auntdeen/Desktop/Foldit.app/Contents/MacOS/Foldit -database cmp-database-307d41cd20e292f4c5d928df7ed9e08b/minirosetta_database -resources cmp-resources-b3aafeebbef6dea92a55ccea0c0658e4/resources -interactive_game novice -boinc_url https://fold.it/
core.init: 'RNG device' seed mode, using '/dev/urandom', seed=1066741640 seed_offset=0 real_seed=1066741640
core.init.random: RandomGenerator:init: Normal mode, seed=1066741640 RG_type=mt19937
starting the init thread!..
cleaning up downloads: