My thought on cookbook
|Opened on:||Monday, April 27, 2009 - 20:35|
|Last modified:||Monday, August 22, 2011 - 21:18|
First, I would like to mention that I prefer to have a normal scripting language, as soon as possible, so we can use it as efficient as possible.
(Come-on, we can learn both Computing and Biology with this game).
I will try to point out the most urgent improvements as I see it:
1. Add Undo; Rebuild and Redo functions
2. For statement: especially to stride the residues locations. The current stride option is very limited. For example, I can't do two consecutive operations in the same stride(like: local wiggle and then restore best before switching to the next residue)
3. The ability to run a recipe within a recipe (did I said sub-routines)
4. Using variables and getting game parameters, like best score, current score, status of residues (freezed, banded, local score etc.).
5. Control structures like while, repeat, if
6. A way to Share, Edit and Copy/Paste recipes – One easy idea: make the all.macro file more human-friendly.
7. Input and Output options (like: print to screen).