Great work guys. Particularly for a first beta release. I'm really impressed. A few bugs (most very minor) and comments.
My System: Windows XP, Service Pack 2. Video Card: ATI
- Game crashed while dragging the backbone and then pressing the D key again.
- Sound is not working
- Window should not open maximized
- App Needs an icon
- Cut and paste should work - e.g CTRL C and CTRL V for entering suggestions.
- Save should remember the directory where you last saved a file.
- Need a means to change password in the game. A remember password checkbox would be nice too.
- Logged out and logged back in and my undo history was gone. Is it possible to preserve recent history? My session crashed right after I made a big change and I lost best score and can't get back to that score.
- I got stuck in a state where the wiggle tool kept turning back on. I was pressing different keys to find shortcut keys prior to this happening but not sure if that caused it. I will try to reproduce.
- A visual indicator telling me what mode I am in would be nice.
- The history and score windows could be made as pinnable flyouts to improve screen real-estate.
- - Where is the hydrophobic Sidechain view shown in video? Was that replaced with CPK? If so, how can that view help us?
- Lock colors could be more distinct
- When using the dragging operation and you pull on the the backbone, thoe point at which the backbone pivots seems somewhat arbitrary. Is there anyway to better specify which backbone segment rotates when dragging?
- When you mouse over an amino acid an information window should give you it's current status and some suggestions as to how you could improve it.
- What is the initial conformation shown to for a protein? Is that the best found so far by other players or does everyone get the same starting fold? If it is somehow optimal, it would be nice if I could get back to it. It would be nice if a handful of starting configurations could be selected from. Some that were found by software that were fairly optimal. Right now, if I make major changes by dragging the backbone, and then wiggle the backbone, my protein completely denatures. Blah!
- Mouse control. Put more options off the mouse clicks. For example: Left mouse button should rotate or move. Wheel should zoom. Right mouse button click should pop up a menu allowing you to select modes, actions and views.
- Hot Keys. Make all of these single keystrokes with the left hand so I don't have to take my hand off the mouse. Better yet, let the player assign them.
- Gameplay. Need to find ways to make the game more fun. No ideas come to mind but I'll ponder this as I play more
Thanks, I'll play more and see what else I can come up with.