We've just released an update with some bug fixes and an exciting new feature:
New Feature: Metrics
Metrics are computationally expensive objectives. Since metrics take much longer to compute, we are handling them differently from normal objectives.
As you fold, Foldit will be computing these metrics in the background. Once the metrics catch up to the current state of your protein, your score will update. Until they catch up, your score will be invalid, but you can still use Foldit like normal without things slowing down to a crawl. In practice, your score will catch up shortly after you finish using a tool. In recipes, we're adding a function that waits for the full metric score if you need that value.
* Updated logging to provide more useful information. This will help us debug better, and will also help us track down rogue logfile output and remove it.
* Added lua functions for metrics.
* Remix results are now more reproducible.
* Removed some rogue logfile output.
* Fixed some issues with tutorial tips.
* Added more info to the Windows crash reports.
As always, a big thanks to our devprev players for helping provide feedback and bug reports for this release!(Mon, 10/19/2020 - 23:08 | 2 comments)