4 replies [Last post]
Joined: 04/28/2015
Groups: Go Science

It is known that in computer science there is no absolute randomness, and all data is predictable. There is also a grain of randomness. What if the grain is protein? There is also a data visualization site that claims that it is impossible to predict the outcome of a random image.

http://www.random-art.org/online/

I am not a bio computer scientist, but I would be interested to know how the proteins differ in which beautiful images are drawn from ugly images

TNEWKHKLKDMDCPWAYCETGEWEHRHFFPWSVIREIRVRYNKSVCCEDYFIDPYARGDN
RVATVHIQSWWDADWQIHGM

https://imgur.com/4lI9O7O

I found a protein with 80 amino acid residues. Which draws such a picture. such images are only 5%. The remaining 95% is pixel chaos

For example, this amino acid sequence

FTPDEIEMKLRNCDSLIWVNKGGPNFLHYVAHQHCPAWQIDEYDSEEPQKAHMMNHVTQE
DVRCQWKQHKFANGCDVFDY

https://imgur.com/1j6RWQc

Joined: 04/28/2015
Groups: Go Science
For example, this protein

For example, this protein draws a solid image.

HRYLPHCKMHGQTKIFWNWRCMYYFHMIGTAECNVFQCYFCVWCSSYWEHATSPKRLGQW VELCDREHWHTTLNWDTPGY

https://imgur.com/rcK5hSn

For example, this protein draws fractal patterns.

TWMMLDTCLQPVQHLGLPWALAHIPSYCTIRQIIKANCSYYFGCALPLVTQTPINMRMQS AIGADYSKNSTTVTHTIWEK

https://imgur.com/oj53Y10

Data from this protein shows circular structuredness. If you could find interesting structures by teaching a neural network. Or how to get knowledge of how it affects protein.

FRMMHDKCKYIFQHQSQWCPFEDNGSYWMSGTKSKHRGKIAMPHEYSWTISRTCLCIFIV CKEKAHRVIDRWMWMRGWKA

https://imgur.com/YVzQ2Q5

Information from this section can be freely copied and distributed. Everything for open science!

Joined: 04/28/2015
Groups: Go Science
See what an interesting

See what an interesting pattern!
Here is the protein sequence. And if we delete 1 character each and press enter, then always the colors or most of them will be solid colors.

QREVHIPYNVTDVKEMGGADNGFWCMYYPHGSQKQERDGELEGIPQVRPNEIIRSKPHLW
TELLTTDTPTYPGADVHFNQRIDCDKKPNWWAAEAIDLRRVNLLEREYQSYRYPFQQTEK
EGVKPYSCYVRWKDPYAYPYNEWM

That is, it is a protein of solid colors.
interesting discovery

donuts554's picture
User offline. Last seen 2 days 8 hours ago. Offline
Joined: 06/20/2019
Groups: Go Science
Yes, I think it is interesting too.

I agree. Having the website painting generation program output solid colors, when 1 character is deleted each, sounds truly fascinating to me. This phenomenon can help us determine how the random art website works, and how it makes its paintings.

Also, I have a hypothesis for the second word in a picture's name.
If that word ends with a vowel, then the resulting painting is likely to be more tessellated and tapestry-like and having a repetitive design.
This is because in the "About" tab, the Demo Red and Demo Green do not have repetitive tessellated design because "Red" and "Green" end in consonants, not vowels. But since "Blue" ends with a vowel, the letter "e", the painting "Demo Blue" has a repetitive and tessellated design.
I wonder what do you think of my hypothesis? I think it is something good to be tested as a sort-of "sub-experiment".

agcohn821's picture
User offline. Last seen 5 hours 15 min ago. Offline
Joined: 11/05/2019
Groups: Foldit Staff
Disabling Chat

Hi everyone! Due to continued spam on this post, we will be disabling comments for this thread. If you would like to continue this conversation, I would suggest creating a new thread. Thank you for your understanding.

Sitemap

Developed by: UW Center for Game Science, UW Institute for Protein Design, Northeastern University, Vanderbilt University Meiler Lab, UC Davis
Supported by: DARPA, NSF, NIH, HHMI, Amazon, Microsoft, Adobe, RosettaCommons