long-distance clashes, virtual chain position
|Opened on:||Saturday, July 6, 2019 - 17:12|
|Last modified:||Tuesday, July 16, 2019 - 17:50|
Although the two chains appear far apart, as soon as you try to move the main chain, the apparent distance collapses, and the two chains are instantly on top of each other.
While the streamers are kind of pretty, it seems like this is some kind of initialization problem. As usual, there's a chance that this issue could cause more serious problems.
The steps to recreate are:
- open the default pose in 1694
- using the selection interface, idealize the secondary structure of the two helixes
- the two chains are now far apart
- in view options, turn on show clashes
- open a previously saved solution from 1691
- streamers of clashes flit between the two chains
- engage the move tool on the main chain, move the chain a tiny amount
- the two chains are now superimposed
The image below shows the effect, but a video is really required to do it justice.