We've just released an update to the game with the following fixes and features:
* Added the Pin Tool - this allows players to have greater control over where the changes to the protein backbone are rooted. To access, go to the view options and check 'Show backbone pins' (off by default, and not shown when 'advanced gui' isn't enabled). A pin will appear over each piece of protein representing where the piece is rooted. Left click and drag to move it, right click to keep the piece from moving. You can find a quick demonstration here.
* Added additional info to Foldit's crash reporting system to better track down bugs.
* The Ideal loops gallery has been removed from the RamaMapPanel. The Rama map also now shouldn't take up processing resources when it not visible.
* Sound has been re-enabled.
* Fixed some small memory leaks.
* Improved performance for several visualizations.
* Various fixes and improvements for drug-design related tools and scoring.
Note that we have removed the experimental UI/tutorial changes. Those should be popping back up in devprev soon, pending some fixes and modifications based on your feedback.
As always, thanks to our devprev players for helping test the release!(Mon, 05/07/2018 - 17:56 | 0 comments)