A Reminder of the Community Rules
Hello all! Hope you are enjoying this fine Tuesday. I wanted to take a brief moment to remind everyone about the Foldit Community Rules. As part of the community, everyone is expected to adhere to these rules at all times, so it is important all are aware of what is expected. Here are the highlights:
- Keep the conversation PG-rated, since there is a wide range of ages in the community. Anything deemed offensive or obscene will not be tolerated.
- Do not make offensive references to a person or group by race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender, orientation, age, disability, etc. and no offensive IDs or nicknames.
- Do not discuss illegal activity (e.g. offering or discussing where to get warez, pirated movies, etc.) under any circumstances.
- Do not shout (i.e., TYPING IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS).
- Do not harass or insult other members. You can respectfully disagree, but don’t be rude or belligerent.
- Do not impersonate any other user in chat.
- Do not make threats toward other members, directly or indirectly.
- Do not release personal, real life information about other members.
- Do not spam websites for either personal or commercial purposes. Posting a personal website link once is okay, just don’t do it repeatedly. Posting a link that is about another player is not okay, unless it is a news item.
- Do not repeat yourself over and over to try to get noticed, as this is disruptive. (Bumping posts without additional content also falls under this category.)
- Do not use scripts to copy data from other players or external sources.
- Do not actively use multiple scoring accounts simultaneously.
- Do not harass other users via private messages.
To view the entire Community Rules document, click here. The document contains the admins' process for dealing with violations of community rules. If you have any questions, feel free to drop me a line!(Tue, 06/20/2017 - 22:30 | 1 comment)