Puzzle 1348 did not load correctly, had to hack to fix the problem
|Opened by:||Timo van der Laan|
|Opened on:||Saturday, March 4, 2017 - 16:41|
|Last modified:||Monday, March 6, 2017 - 18:13|
I got the message timeout due to excessive server load.
And on that instance of Foldit it kept getting the same error.
I managed to fix it in the following way:
- started the same puzzle on my Devprev instance, that worked.
- got the puzzle number 2003530 on the site.
- removed the puzzle directory 2003530
- copied all the files containing 2003530 in the name including the puzzle directory from devprev to main
- noticed that I did not get an overwrite warning on any of the loose files
And now I can start 1348 on main.
Proposed fix: if the puzzle wants to give the timeout message, check to see if all the files are there, if not move all the saves to a new name. Try to load all needed files again and give a message that there may be saves that still can be used.