The rundown on coronavirus
You don't have to be a scientist to do science! Download and play Foldit and you can help researchers discover new antiviral drugs that might stop coronavirus! The most promising solutions will be manufactured and tested at the University of Washington Institute for Protein Design in Seattle.
Foldit is run by academic research scientists. It is free to play and not-for-profit. To get started, download Foldit and create a username!
We recommend that new players start with the Foldit Intro Puzzles.
After some practice, move on to the Science Puzzles and try out the Beginner: Coronavirus puzzle.
We also have an
advanced puzzle NEW advanced puzzle where you can try to design an antiviral protein from scratch!
To meet other players, check out the Foldit Discord channels.
Note: Foldit is an interactive computer game and not a distributed computing project. If you would like to donate idle CPU cycles to science, please check out the Rosetta@Home project on BOINC.(Wed, 03/04/2020 - 05:46 | 9 comments)
A Reminder of the Community Rules
Hello all! Hope you are enjoying this fine Tuesday. I wanted to take a brief moment to remind everyone about the Foldit Community Rules. As part of the community, everyone is expected to adhere to these rules at all times, so it is important all are aware of what is expected. Here are the highlights:
- Keep the conversation PG-rated, since there is a wide range of ages in the community. Anything deemed offensive or obscene will not be tolerated.
Foldit 13th Anniversary Science Chat!
Lab Report #20: An even harder design puzzle
We've seen ligands before -- but not like this.
- Introducing ligand binder design puzzles
- Protein binder design puzzles
- Symmetric design puzzles
- More electron density puzzles
DESIGN OF THE MONTH(Sat, 05/01/2021 - 16:02 | 3 comments)
Developer Preview Release Soon
Hey all, we're about to release an update to the developer preview with some bug fixes and updates to Dojo Mode - full list below!
- Removed tracks from Dojo mode
- Fixed a bug in Dojo mode causing some actions (especially the Rama map) to cost more stamina than intended
- Made fixes and balance changes to some Dojo levels
- The main menu now displays your Dojo rank and highest Dojo run score.
- Fixed a crash when creating bands while wiggling.
- Allow show to stay toggled while toggling filter.
We're releasing a small hotfix that addresses some under-the-hood puzzle compatibility issues. There shouldn't be any visible changes.(Wed, 04/14/2021 - 19:47 | 0 comments)
Hotfixes to Main and Devprev soon!
Hey all, we're going to be pushing some hotfixes to both main and devprev here soon.
For both releases:
* Fixed an crash on the Reaction Design intro puzzle.
* Fixed a scoring issue affecting some design puzzles.
* Fixed an issue where the objectives panel wouldn't re-compute bonuses when it should.
For devprev only:
* Fixed a bug causing moves to not be counted
* Fixed a bug causing Dojo mode to soft lock when ending the level using a recipe
* Fixed a bug where Dojo mode would repeat the first level many times
* Fixed a campaign typo.