Join our Discord!
We've recently put up a Discord server. Join here!:3 comments)
Foldit Lab Report #6: Coronavirus puzzle
Check out Foldit Lab Report #6 on YouTube now!
We've got a bunch of new puzzles this month — and some exciting tools coming soon!
• Looking at electron density in Foldit is about to get a whooole lot easier (0:31)
• With the new BUNS tool, your solutions should be better behaved in the lab (2:18)
• More poly-proline helix design (3:50)
• CRISPR/Cas transposase (4:02)
• Aflatoxin prediction (4:28)
• Coronavirus spike-binder design (5:20)
• Return of sketchbooks — this time symmetric (6:10)
You can still fill out the username sharing form to let us know you're okay with public recognition!(Sun, 03/01/2020 - 17:09 | 4 comments)
Foldit Lab Report #5: New software dev
Check out Foldit Lab Report #5 on YouTube now!
- New poly-proline helix tools are on the way
- Introducing a CRISPR puzzle
- Ever more symmetric designs
- Can you make the next top TIM?
DESIGN OF THE MONTH
- silent gene created another great symmetric design
New AlphaFold blog post!
AlphaFold, which was developed by DeepMind in 2018, uses a sophisticated machine-learning algorithm to derive structural information from a protein's sequence. In the last CASP competition, it out-performed every other method for protein structure prediction! In this latest blog post, we take a look at the AlphaFold method and its impact on protein research!(Fri, 01/31/2020 - 00:57 | 3 comments)