Office Hours 12/22/20
Hey everyone! There will be an Office Hour coming up led by milkshake! It will take place on December 22nd at noon PT (time zone converter). For this Office Hour, you're welcome to bring questions regarding the more technical or non-biochemistry side of Foldit. Hope to see y'all there!(Sun, 12/20/2020 - 23:39 | 0 comments)
Newsletter December 11: As Floppy as a Potato Pancake
Hey Foldit players! Be sure to check out the latest Newsletter! Included in it is a new take on "recipe" (an especially awesome kind) and some great information/guides from fellow players!
Please remember, if you would like to sign up for our mailing list to receive these newsletters, please click here!(Thu, 12/17/2020 - 03:15 | 0 comments)
Developer Preview Release Soon
We're about to push an update to the developer preview with the following fixes and features:
* Page Up and Page Down keys can now be used to zoom the camera in and out.
* The ContactMS metric should no longer cause hangs in certain situations.
* The undo graph and 'bests' should now factor in metric scores.
* Fixes for the tab key residue info window.
* Fixed a bug preventing puzzle names from being clickable.
* Fixed a bug where pressing undo (Ctrl+Z) on a recipe would delete all text.
* Re-added the ability to cut/copy everything using cut/copy shortcuts when no text is selected.
* Fixed a bug where news posts and puzzle descriptions were not selectable.
* Fixed a bug where typing forward delete (Fn+Delete) on Mac inserted an erroneous '('.
* Fixed a bug which caused little square boxes ("LSBs") to appear in recipes when pasting in text with Windows or Mac line endings.
* Fixed a bug which caused text copied from Foldit to have improper line endings for Windows and Mac.
* Fixed a bug causing some text to remain when deleting or cutting a text selection.
* Group chat is now profanity filtered by default
* Added an option to disable the group chat profanity filter
* Users ignored through Foldit's IRC are now also ignored on Foldit's Discord integration
* Fixed a bug causing the hiding importance slider to control packing importance instead of the packing importance slider
* Fixed multiple bugs where various options were not being saved
* Fixed a bug preventing HBond importance sliders from being clickable to reset
* Fixed a bug where the input boxes in the Behavior menu overlapped with the sliders above them
* Fixed a bug where pressing "Center Protein" on the Electron Density panel while a tool is running would cause a crash
* Fixed a bug in the Notifications tab that allowed players to View Puzzles while running a recipe, causing a crash
* Fixed a bug causing in-game notifications to display improperly
* Fixed a bug preventing chat moderators from posting links
* Fixed a bug which caused little square boxes ("LSBs") to appear in recipes when pasting in tab characters
* Fixed the description of Lua function IsRecipeBand which returns whether a band was modified by a recipe
Newsletter December 4: A Bit of a Bind
Hey everyone! Be sure to check out our later newsletter here! Another great week for foldit players--thank you for your work!
Additionally, if you would like to sign up for our mailing list to receive these newsletters, please click here!(Tue, 12/08/2020 - 02:07 | 0 comments)
DeepMind CASP results
We plan to discuss this in more detail once these CASP 14 results are published, but this is a very exciting result that hopefully advances the field of protein structure determination (which was always the ultimate goal of structure prediction).
Many of you who have been here since Foldit's participation in CASP 11 have noticed how our focus has shifted from structure prediction and refinement, to fitting electron density and protein design. This has been particularly evident this year with all your coronavirus efforts.
It is not yet clear how DeepMind's methods will perform with protein design, but the Rosetta community has already incorporated AlphaFold's methods from CASP 13 and we plan to integrate these into Foldit soon.
Lastly, we want to congratulate all of you as DeepMind's co-founder and CEO revealed that Foldit was an inspiration for AlphaFold! Today they gave the keynote talk at the CASP meeting, with an entire slide about Foldit.
Keep up the great folding and keep inspiring everyone!(Fri, 12/04/2020 - 21:09 | 3 comments)