We've just pushed an update with the following fixes and changes:
* Added option to the options menu: "fixed camera pivot.". If unchecked, the camera will always pivot around the center of the screen, instead of around the last thing manually focused on.
* Added "radius" slider to electron density panel to view only electron density data within a ball of the given radius.
* Added option to manually enter values for threshold and radius in the electron density pane.
* Added Score filter for Buried Unsatisfied Polar Atoms.
As always, a big thanks to our developer preview players for helping to test this release!(Tue, 05/05/2020 - 01:22 | 2 comments)
Foldit Lab Report #8: Check the Fridge
The COVID-19 lockdown continues -- but we have new updates and new puzzles anyway. Watch our latest lab report for more!
• Coronavirus binder testing has been delayed (0:25)
• Aflatoxin enzymes need re-looping (1:01)
• Coronavirus protein prediction -- can you fold them all? (1:56)
• Coronavirus spike binders -- optimize 'em (2:45)
• Can protein design create a COVID-19 treatment? (3:32)
-- Controlling the cytokine storm: https://youtu.be/S63mysyN910
• Always check the fridge, because it might contain CRYSTALS (3:57)
DESIGN OF THE MONTH:
• Player Bruno Kestemont created a promising anti-inflamatory protein (5:06)
Video Update: Stopping the Cytokine Storm
We recently kicked off a new challenge in the fight against coronavirus: design a protein that might help keep a person's immune system under control. In this video, we are joined by Umut Ulge, MD PhD, who explains what can happen to somebody's immune system after they get sick with COVID-19.
See our previous blog post for details about our scientific analysis of Foldit solutions.0 comments)
Foldit Lab Report #7: Quarantine Edition
Can the Foldit team record an entire Lab Report with nothing but a webcam? Watch this brief update to find out!
- Forget game play — Foldit is gettin' automated! (0:21)
- Coronavirus puzzles (1:14)
- Testing coronavirus binder solutions (2:08)
Look inside the lab: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXguhcxDLI8
- Here's what's new this month (2:36)
DESIGN OF THE MONTH
- A great coronavirus binder by player stomjoh (3:12)