We're looking for a full-time software developer to join the Foldit team, at the UW Institute for Protein Design in Seattle! If you have strong programming skills and want to help us improve Foldit, please get in touch!
Foldit players recently made groundbreaking progress in the field of protein design. We're looking forward to expanding on this work to tackle harder design problems in protein materials and medicines. At the Institute for Protein Design, you'll be working alongside leaders in the field, and will bring cutting edge research directly to the hands of Foldit players!
Apply now through the UW Hires portal!(Tue, 06/18/2019 - 21:02 | 0 comments)
Foldit design paper published online!
Developer Preview Release Soon
Hey everyone, we're about to release a small update to the developer preview with a few fixes. Let us know if you see any issues!
* Fixed a number of threading issues that may have been causing sporadic crashes.
* Fixed a crash on switching puzzles to a different size.
* Fixed a hotkey collision.
* Potential fix for previously reported 64-bit mac issues (64-bit release to come at a later date).
* Fixed the window name on Mac to correctly read Foldit instead of game_dynamic.
* Some small updates to the loading tips.
Foldit design paper coming soon!
On Wednesday, June 5, Nature will publish a paper describing protein design by Foldit players!
For the past six years, Foldit players have been working hard to design brand new proteins from scratch, and we're excited to finally share the results with the rest of the world! This paper marks a huge milestone for Foldit, and a significant achievement by the entire Foldit community!(Sat, 06/01/2019 - 01:02 | 8 comments)