Temporary server issues
We are currently experiencing a problem with our server that will prevent users from signing from the Foldit application or playing Foldit online.
Update: Everyone should now have normally functioning connections to the server again. Thanks for your patience!(Thu, 09/30/2021 - 17:12 | 15 comments)
Developer Preview Release Soon
We are about to push an update to the developer preview with the following fixes and features:
* Updated the help panel.
* Scaled opengl view for high-resolution displays.
* Added an orthographic view option.
* Added structure.IsLockedAll() Lua function.
* The Pick Sidechains tool now selects among buried rotamers.
* Added a pseudolocalization language to allow translators to see all translatable strings.
* Update the description for Korean in localization.
* Prevent crash on filter.GetData when no data.
* Correct output in LayerScoreFilter.
* Fixed a bug causing some translations to not appear.
* Fixed crashes related to disulfides.
* Update Electron Density Panel to only contain "Select Cloud" button while in the selection interface.
Office hour 9/17/21
Hey folks! We're going to be doing an Office Hour this Friday, 9/17 at 3 PM ET (Time Zone Converter). It will be led by beta_helix this time around. Come join us to chat about Electron Density--this is also an awesome opportunity to meet new Foldit Developer apetrides and discuss new ED tools (such as the new Select Cloud feature in Devprev).(Thu, 09/16/2021 - 20:04 | 0 comments)
Developer Preview Release Soon
We're about to push an update to the developer preview with some fixes and changes:
* The Deepmind Alphafold panel has been redesigned!
* You can now select the residues that fall within the visible sphere from the electron density panel.
Additionally, we have changed some things under the hood that shouldn't have an effect on the player experience, but let us know if you see anything odd.(Tue, 09/14/2021 - 23:17 | 3 comments)
New Release - Foldit Education Mode!
We've just released an exciting new feature: Foldit Education Mode! This feature tunes the Foldit client to be more in line with how educators have wanted to use Foldit in the classroom over the years.
You may notice a prompt when you start up the new client for the first time asking if you want to use education mode - just leave this unchecked if you want regular foldit!
The full list of changes below:
* Added a new Educational mode
* Added a quick question on your first login to allow toggling Education options
* Added a "Reset Roles" button in the Advanced Options to re-select your Education option
* Tab to view additional segment information can now be used in tutorials
* Improved the UI of tutorial tips
* Added a camera rock mode and camera spin mode, which can be toggled with Shift+Home and Alt+Home by default.
* Added an option to delete all tutorial save data, intended for classroom and kiosk use
* Simplified some minor UI elements in tutorials
* Added clearer instructions to the Rama map
* Improved tutorial tip logic
* Revised help panel text
* Revised text in Close the Gap
* Fixed a bug where the next playable level wasn't glimmering
* Fixed a bug making tutorial tips confusing
* Fixed a bug causing some button texts to be misaligned