Foldit Lab Report #5: New software dev
Check out Foldit Lab Report #5 on YouTube now!
- New poly-proline helix tools are on the way
- Introducing a CRISPR puzzle
- Ever more symmetric designs
- Can you make the next top TIM?
DESIGN OF THE MONTH
- silent gene created another great symmetric design
New AlphaFold blog post!
AlphaFold, which was developed by DeepMind in 2018, uses a sophisticated machine-learning algorithm to derive structural information from a protein's sequence. In the last CASP competition, it out-performed every other method for protein structure prediction! In this latest blog post, we take a look at the AlphaFold method and its impact on protein research!(Fri, 01/31/2020 - 00:57 | 3 comments)
Now hiring at the Institute for Protein Design!
The UW Institute for Protein Design is hiring for a research assistant position in Seattle, WA! This position is specifically to help with the crystallization of proteins designed by Foldit players and others at the Institute!
Protein designers rely on crystallization and x-ray diffraction experiments to determine if their proteins fold correctly. If these kinds of experiments interest you, we want your help crystallizing more proteins at the Institute! No experience with protein crystallography is necessary.
Apply now through the UW Hires portal!(Wed, 01/29/2020 - 00:45 | 1 comment)
Foldit Lab Report #4: 1,994 genes!
Happy New Year! Watch Foldit Lab Report #4 on YouTube now!
- Science Chat recap
- New electron density puzzles (crystals, not cryo)
- We're trying to make poly-proline easier, we promise
- Can you make a Baker lab design even better?
- More and more and more symmetry
DESIGN OF THE MONTH
- fiendish_ghoul designed a scary good hydrogen-bonded trimer.
- Some of your dimers appear to be working...
- We'll soon be testing almost 2,000 Foldit player designs! We've never been able to generate this much data before. Stay tuned to hear what we learn.