Developer Preview Release Soon
We're about to push an update to the developer preview with some big changes to our underlying biochemistry software, Rosetta.
Rosetta provides Foldit with algorithms that represent the state-of-the-art of protein biochemistry modeling. However, the version of Rosetta we are using is now quite a few years out of date, and we'd like to get back to the cutting edge.
This update brings us up-to-date with the latest version of Rosetta. You hopefully shouldn't actually notice any changes... yet. The benefits of this update will come down the road as we begin to take advantage of the features in this more capable version of Rosetta.
If you do notice any behavioral differences in your testing, please leave us some feedback!(Tue, 07/13/2021 - 16:18 | 1 comment)
We've just pushed out an update with some quick fixes to server communication -
* Fixed an issue with server communication that would cause increased delays while logging in.
Thank you to our devprev testers, as always!(Wed, 07/07/2021 - 23:08 | 0 comments)
Lab Report #22: Unexpected Lab Results
What we found in the lab wasn't what we expected -- but it can tell us how to move forward. And that is science in action.
- Why design symmetric assemblies?
- Crystal structure of a symmetric design by NinjaGreg
- Symmetric design puzzles
- Protein binder design puzzles
- Electron density puzzles
DESIGN OF THE MONTH
- A symmetric D2 tetramer design by an anonymous player boasts a unique fold, but a lot of hydrophobic surface area that could cause trouble. See for yourself in the July Design of the Month sandbox puzzle.
Remember, if you want to see your username in updates, make sure to fill out our username sharing form!(Thu, 07/01/2021 - 13:41 | 6 comments)