Update with new features!
We have a new update for everyone today! Aside from attempting to address some bugs and related issues, there are two main changes:
1. Rebuild should be much faster, and will explore many more of the purple backbone changes. It will also be more likely to copy them over to your protein, and will put them in undo when it does, so you can go back to one you liked if you don't stop it in time.
2. We are trying out a new tweak action which currently allows two different kinds of tweaks: the much requested rotation, and idealization. You can start this through the Pull Mode's pie menu, when you have selected a sheet or helix bordered by loops (and the longer the loops, the better!). A little purple widget will pop up that allows you to manipulate the sheet or helix; you can mouse over it to see what each piece does. Click on a curved arrow to start it rotating, the further out sphere to start idealizing (which will straighten out your selection), or the closer in sphere to pause.
Let us know what you think of these changes! If the tweak action is useful, we may add more moves to it.
Congratulations to those who ranked among the top in the latest puzzles!
For puzzle CASP8 T0446 Constraints the top groups were Another Hour Another Point, Freedom Folders, Richard Dawkins Foundation, Gnome Sciences, and Cult of Silence and the top players were sirenbrian, Jwb52z, quantpsy, Guyoni, and anjen.
For puzzle CASP8 T0443 the top groups were Freedom Folders, Another Hour Another Point, Alpha - Omega, Cult of Silence, and Richard Dawkins Foundation and the top players were Aotearoa, TheGUmmer, cheese, FWishbringer, and Madde.
The competition between Another Hour Another Point and Freedom Folder is more intense than ever! We wish both groups the best of luck!
Foldit Team(Mon, 06/30/2008 - 23:11 | 0 comments)
We have posted an update to the game today, which includes:
1. The ability to switch green with blue in the protein rendering. This option is under the general options menu.
2. A local shake in the Pull Mode's pie menu.
3. A fix for the problems with bands pulling too strongly.
4. A fix for the crashes users experienced related to adding bands and wiggling.
We have an update today with several new and requested features!
1. There is now an option to switch the middle and right mouse button in the General Options.
2. You can click on the names of players and groups in the scores list in game to be taken to their web page.
3. You can now see how close you are to the next point in the bar next to your score. So you will know if Wiggle is making progress!
4. The Clear Bands button will be disabled if there are no bands.
5. We have tried to address some issues with the responsiveness of the pull and problems with the score-based coloration.
6. We have tried to resolve the crashes some users encountered when loading some constrained puzzles.
You should get the update automatically when you run the game!(Wed, 06/25/2008 - 00:00 | 0 comments)
Results for T0421
For puzzle CASP8 Third Target T0421 the top groups were Rechenkraft.net, LAlliance Francophone, xkcd, Richard Dawkins Foundation, and Russian team and the top players were wakaluba, peted, jobo0502, glanz, and Song Tuck.(Tue, 06/24/2008 - 02:44 | 0 comments)