Results from the latest puzzles
For puzzle CASP8 T0472 Start 1 the top groups were Freedom Folders, Cult of Silence, Another Hour Another Point, Skeptics Guide to the Universe, and LAlliance Francophone and the top players were jandersonlee, Aotearoa, gla, winterfire, and FWishbringer.
For puzzle CASP8 T0472 Start 3 the top groups were Freedom Folders, Another Hour Another Point, Richard Dawkins Foundation, Goons with proteins, and Street Smarts and the top players were FWishbringer, jandersonlee, winterfire, Aotearoa, and gla.
For puzzle CASP8 T0472 Start 2 the top groups were Another Hour Another Point, Freedom Folders, Richard Dawkins Foundation, Cult of Silence, and Hungary and the top players were Guyoni, Jwb52z, sirenbrian, quantpsy, and champuli1.
For puzzle 63 Beginner: Spinach Protein the top groups were Minions of TWIS, Team China, Jayisgames, McMaster LTRC, and BOINC@Poland and the top players were mathshop2, Generic, Mike Cassidy, Thomsen, and Rogue99.
For puzzle 62 Beginner: Halorhodopsin the top groups were FatumTech BOINC Team, Team Mexico, Team México, Minions of TWIS, and DJGroup and the top players were budzik, 02968551, Juan Marino, Foldy-the-Folder, and caglar.
For puzzle 62: Halorhodopsin the top groups were Freedom Folders, Richard Dawkins Foundation, Another Hour Another Point, LAlliance Francophone, and Street Smarts and the top players were gla, feet1st, bzipitidoo, jandersonlee, and TheGUmmer.(Wed, 07/09/2008 - 20:19 | 0 comments)
Update with new features!
We have a new update for everyone today! Aside from attempting to address some bugs and related issues, there are two main changes:
1. Rebuild should be much faster, and will explore many more of the purple backbone changes. It will also be more likely to copy them over to your protein, and will put them in undo when it does, so you can go back to one you liked if you don't stop it in time.
2. We are trying out a new tweak action which currently allows two different kinds of tweaks: the much requested rotation, and idealization. You can start this through the Pull Mode's pie menu, when you have selected a sheet or helix bordered by loops (and the longer the loops, the better!). A little purple widget will pop up that allows you to manipulate the sheet or helix; you can mouse over it to see what each piece does. Click on a curved arrow to start it rotating, the further out sphere to start idealizing (which will straighten out your selection), or the closer in sphere to pause.
Let us know what you think of these changes! If the tweak action is useful, we may add more moves to it.
Congratulations to those who ranked among the top in the latest puzzles!
For puzzle CASP8 T0446 Constraints the top groups were Another Hour Another Point, Freedom Folders, Richard Dawkins Foundation, Gnome Sciences, and Cult of Silence and the top players were sirenbrian, Jwb52z, quantpsy, Guyoni, and anjen.
For puzzle CASP8 T0443 the top groups were Freedom Folders, Another Hour Another Point, Alpha - Omega, Cult of Silence, and Richard Dawkins Foundation and the top players were Aotearoa, TheGUmmer, cheese, FWishbringer, and Madde.
The competition between Another Hour Another Point and Freedom Folder is more intense than ever! We wish both groups the best of luck!
Foldit Team(Mon, 06/30/2008 - 23:11 | 0 comments)
We have posted an update to the game today, which includes:
1. The ability to switch green with blue in the protein rendering. This option is under the general options menu.
2. A local shake in the Pull Mode's pie menu.
3. A fix for the problems with bands pulling too strongly.
4. A fix for the crashes users experienced related to adding bands and wiggling.
We have an update today with several new and requested features!
1. There is now an option to switch the middle and right mouse button in the General Options.
2. You can click on the names of players and groups in the scores list in game to be taken to their web page.
3. You can now see how close you are to the next point in the bar next to your score. So you will know if Wiggle is making progress!
4. The Clear Bands button will be disabled if there are no bands.
5. We have tried to address some issues with the responsiveness of the pull and problems with the score-based coloration.
6. We have tried to resolve the crashes some users encountered when loading some constrained puzzles.
You should get the update automatically when you run the game!(Wed, 06/25/2008 - 00:00 | 0 comments)