New electron density for Foldit-designed protein!
Updates from the Foldit Team - December 2017
Here are some things the Foldit team has been working on lately:
- rmoretti: Bugfixes and interface improvements for drug design puzzles; updating the underlying Rosetta code to include the most recent improvements.
- joshmiller: Making the Conditions system more user-friendly and working on putting it in some of the tutorial levels as sort of "side quests" which will earn bonus points.
- bkoep: Trying to crystallize more proteins in the lab.
- jflat: Fixing that darn IRC server.
UPDATES DISCLAIMER: We want to keep the community apprised of what we are working on, but please note that not everything we spend time on will necessarily come to fruition quickly or even at all. The nature of research is nebulous and often there is no clear answer to a problem. Researchers can work on something for a long time and end up without usable results. Also please keep in mind that we are working on projects that the team has deemed the most appropriate/valuable use of our time and resources based on the information we have at hand. This may not jive with what all players feel is the best for Foldit and while we are certainly willing to listen to your concerns, please understand this may not change our direction. We value, put weight on, and appreciate your feedback nonetheless.(Wed, 12/27/2017 - 23:47 | 0 comments)
We've just released a new update. The following features and fixes have been added:
* Increased the band strength upper limit.
* Added lua script functions for adjusting the wiggle power.
---behavior.GetWigglePower() - will return a string with value 'l' (low), 'm' (medium), 'h' (high), or 'a' (auto) for the current value of the wiggle power.
---behavior.SetWigglePower(string power) - will set the wiggle power based on the values above.
---behavior.HighPowerAllowed() - will return whether high power wiggle is allowed on this puzzle.
* Various fixes for RNA support. A number of tools have been disabled. Shake should be available in the Selection Interface, and should only run on the selection. Rotamer cycling with the arrow keys should work correctly for RNA.
As always, a big thanks to your devprev testers for helping to test this release!(Fri, 12/22/2017 - 00:27 | 0 comments)
Chat - IRC Client Troubles
As many of you are likely aware, we are experiencing difficulties with chat/IRC clients right now. We are working to fix them and could use your help in this. If you encounter an error, pop into feedback and either upvote the issue you've already encountered or slap a new post up so others can upvote or comment. This will help us figure out what is going wrong and how to fix it. Thank you all for your patience. We understand what a huge inconvenience this is for everyone to have chat issues like this. Jflat has been working through the weekend to try and get it sorted. I hope we have some good news for you very soon on the issue.(Mon, 12/18/2017 - 18:09 | 1 comment)
New Devprev Puzzle!
We've posted a new [DEVPREV] RNA puzzle for players to try out Foldit with nucleic acids. Foldit tools that previously caused crashes with RNA have been either fixed or disabled, and we introduced several changes to improve the Shake tool. We'd appreciate if devprev players could try out this puzzle, and let us know if you encounter any issues!(Tue, 12/12/2017 - 22:33 | 5 comments)