Developer Preview Release Soon
We're releasing a new update to the developer preview with some fixes and changes:
* Only sidechains with BUNS will be automatically shown when the filter is enabled.
* Some symmetric puzzles may now penalize BUNS across every asymmetric unit.
* When enabled, the filter will show every bondable atom without enabling any HBonds. This is new behavior for the 'show bondable atoms' view option as well, as clicking it will show all bondable atoms regardless of what particular HBond types are visible.
* Enabling the filter will not change the view options boxes. Changes to ('show bondable atoms' and 'show hydrogens') will only take effect after the filter is disabled.
* Fixed an issue where LUA errors would freeze Mac and Linux clients.
* Fixed a problem which caused the log file to become inflated with meaningless characters. We're actively working on this to solve any remaining issues.
* To improve script speed, Lua functions of the form filter.* now ignore DDG, Sasa, and shape complementarity. Functions to access these will come at a later date.
Newsletter September 11: Y'all Are Maaad Good at This Game
Hey everyone! Be sure to check out our latest Newsletter HERE! As Josh mentions in this newsletter, we here at Foldit are very, very grateful for all Foldit players. Thank you so much for your dedication and hard work!
Also, don't forget to sign up for the mailing list here to receive weekly updates about Foldit!(Wed, 09/16/2020 - 00:09 | 1 comment)
Office Hour 9/11/20
Hey folks! Our next Office Hour will be occurring at noon PT this Friday, September 11th in #Vet. Time Zone Converter here. We see that many of you have had questions regarding BUNS, our most recent puzzles, and our latest blog post. Thank you for all your wonderful comments and questions. Fortunately, the Office Hour will be led by Foldit Developer and BUNS expert Neilpg628:
Neilpg628 is an undergraduate at the University of Washington Institute for Protein Design working on modelling Buried Unsatisfied Polar Atoms and creating tools for players to find and eliminate these atoms. He can answer any questions about these atoms and aspects of the BUNS Objective.
Hope to see y'all there!(Tue, 09/08/2020 - 21:02 | 5 comments)