Since August 2, 2016, all my foldit clients have displayed "game_dynamic" where "Foldit" used to appear.
- The term appears on the finder bar when I am working in a game client.
- (The game client bar displays "Foldit - [Puzzle name] - [Track name]").
- "game_dynamic" also shows up in log files and mac crash window text where "foldit" should appear.
- Some mac users report that they see "foldit" on the finder bar, others see "game_dynamic."
- Other anomalies began occurring at the same time game_dynamic appeared - related to the game_dynamic issue? If something in the mac version of game code is not quite right, that could explain some of these issues.
I do quality and root cause analysis for a living, so I'm curious to learn whether there are commonalities with the Mac machines that experience this anomaly.
Please respond and answer the following:
1) What is your machine configuration? (From "About this Mac/System Information/Hardware Overview") - please do NOT include your machine serial number.
2) What OS are you running?
3) When you are in a foldit game window, what appears at the top left of your computer screen just right of the apple icon?
4) two bonus questions thanks to a thread on Veteran chat:
a) What folder do you run Foldit from?
b) Does the username you log on (to your Mac) with include administrator privileges?
5) What foldit build are you currently running? (Menu/General Options, hit copy button to grab & paste Build ID)
-> NEW question (thanks, spvincent):
6) Are you running Main or Devprev (main or beta)?
Thank you for your help - I hope this might eventually help Foldit developers figure out what's gone wonky!