UUelcome™ is Egglepple's image (lyrical proof of QQ). It tunes UUe upon juking the auction [uue/: (fibor=MONEY,bubblegum)].
Foldit is used to match fibors with their identities.
Welcome! Work on this as you have time. Get the hang of this by doing the practice puzzles.
CEC Video Game Programming
The last Metroid is in captivity. The galaxy is at peace.
MU Biochemisty I Fall 2019 Goode
To learn about biomolecule's three dimensional structures and the forces that allow them to fold and interact;
To see collaborative science first hand;
To have fun while learning
AP Biology 19/20
Hey Everyone! This is an optional way that you can earn extra credit in AP Biology while helping out the scientific community.
The purpose of this group is to supplement the Ontario Curriculum Grade 12 Biology requirements in the Biochemistry unit. By participating in this group, students will demonstrate their understanding of the chemical and physical interactions which may occur in a protein while gaining an appreciation of the scientific process of true research. It is a bonus if students continue to pursue this beyond the classroom and truly contribute to current scientific discoveries.
MTU CM4710 2019
To teach CM 4710 students about protein folding
Canford School Biologists
Learn about how proteins fold and perhaps uncover something new
WCC ENGR 201 WINTER 2020
Go and play FoldIt ~ don't spend too much time solving the riddles of proteins, but enough to get the idea of how the molecules are behaving with different branches.
You will reflect on playing the game in terms of materials science and anything that we've dealt with in this class.
BMB 4210 F 2019
Complete the Intro Section through Hydrophobics and Hydrophilics
Something new for 2019! This program should help you to better understand the details of protein folding in an interactive way.
This excersize will help with the central learning objectives of lecture #6:
• Describe and compare the elements of protein secondary, tertiary, and quaternary structure.
• Describe and label inter- and intramolecular interactions and how they contribute to the formation of protein secondary, tertiary, and quaternary structure.
• Predict the effect of environmental insult (pH, temperature, solvents, detergents etc.) on protein structure (i.e. through the disruption of inter- and intramolecular interactions)
• Explain in terms of thermodynamics why protein folding is favorable despite the reduction in the free energy of the protein.
• Relate protein structure to predict biological function (see also lecture #7).
Have fun and let me know how this goes!
Biochem 1090 FS2019
Fold-It is an on-line “game” format puzzle for folding proteins.
The game initiated with David Baker and Seth Cooper who designed it to fold proteins using “rules”
consistent with actual protein folding parameters - in game format.
You will primarily be using FoldIt outside class, to visualize in three dimensions and reinforce the abstract concepts you learned in class and in your readings.
As you use these tutorials, pay attention to and try to :
* identify the amino acids - these are the structural forms which means you need to know your amino acids first, then this will be a wonderful review
* understand how the back-bone and side-chains (r-groups) are moving relative to each other, how some R-groups can pack together and why others can not. What bonds strengthen compaction and what forces prevent it.
* visualize the 'stretch' in hydrogen bonds
* visualize and understand secondary and tertiary interactions as you rotate the molecules in three dimensions
FoldIt is a “Public Science” game - as people are rewarded for folding proteins and get points for good folds. Scientists have learned NEW folds because people “invent” them and this has helped understand protein folding research.
YOU will learn basics about protein folding!