Beginner symmetry design puzzle allowing >150 scoring players to score.

Started by BootsMcGraw

BootsMcGraw Lv 1

I appreciate the opportunity to get more global ranking points, but I was just presented with the latest beginner puzzle, a symmetry design, and it is allowing me to play for global ranking points. Considering I am now ranked # 48 globally, it would not be fair to allow me to play for points.

infjamc Lv 1

For that matter, there is also the "Beginner: Coronavirus (<150)" puzzle. Would it be possible to simply make the system award zero global points for those with more than 150? This would allow those with more experience to occasionally jump into those puzzles to help beginners, while still ensuring that no one would get an unfair advantage in terms of earning global points.

BootsMcGraw Lv 1

Bumping this thread.

Back in January, I entered a beginner puzzle to help out a new player. Looking through my past score history, I see I was awarded one point for playing this puzzle.

https://ibb.co/0frYKg0

Veteran players should not be awarded points for participating in any of the "<150" puzzles. I also believe that they should not even enter the leaderboard for those puzzles, lest they prevent new players who scored less to be awarded fewer points.

bkoep Staff Lv 1

This should be resolved now.

We discovered an error with two Beginner puzzles (Symmetry, and Coronavirus) that awarded points to players even if they have >150 points. In the future, all Beginner puzzles should award points only to players that have <150 global points.

Bletchley Park Lv 1

I verified two puzzles and it is no longer possible. Thank you for fixing it !

Best regards,
BP

Bletchley Park Lv 1

Bump, We again see veteran players with > 150, sometimes with > 1000 points playing and scoring these puzzles.
Please check who's playing this, when and how many points were granted.

Seemingly it is for all the < 150 points puzzles.
Are groups being credited with these 'winning' positions ?

BootsMcGraw Lv 1

Groups do not earn points for any "<150" puzzles.

But you are correct: veterans are playing these beginner puzzles and earning points for them.