Developer Preview Release Soon
We're releasing an update to the developer preview with some cool new features and fixes. The largest bit of this update is the new Contact Map, which has been improved for the new CASP contact prediction puzzles.
* Contact Map
- No longer affects scoring.
- Now shows the full map (symmetric).
- Added a checkerboard pattern to distinguish cells.
- Can be resized via the bar at the bottom.
- Can zoom in with the scroll wheel, and pan by right clicking and dragging.
- Hovering over a cell will highlight its row/column, and display geometry on the model protein.
- Hovering now displays the involved residues of the contact, as well as the weight.
- Now shows secondary structure assignments on the diagonal (blue == helix, red == strand).
- Can now apply bands to the selected residues.
- Added a Contact Map filter that can give a bonus for matching predicted contacts. This filter can be enabled on a per-puzzle basis, independent of the contact map.
* Intro levels
- The Exploration intro level has been removed as the feature is deprecated.
* Bug Fixes
- Ideality issues no longer show up when a backbone locked residue is involved.
- Idealize SS now runs a normal Idealize too.
- Evolving a solution now requires that your score gets credit.
- The contact map should now update after running pulls/rebuilds.
- Linux builds should no longer crash on exit.
- The game should start up faster on the initial download.
Stay tuned for a blog post on the new Contact Map!(Tue, 04/22/2014 - 22:40 | 3 comments)