In this thread, you should find information on what has changed in the most recent updates. Note that this thread is for the main update group, and does not include the changes for the beta update group.
This update enables Electron Density puzzles, which should be coming out soon.
Exploration Puzzles have been changed to handle multiple Contact Maps.
Bug fix for the new Exploration Puzzle system.
Exploration Puzzles - A new type of scoring can be used which gives you exploration multiplier for LOSING contacts that the starting structure has, instead of just gaining ones that it doesn't.
Electron Density - The alignment should be faster, though less precise. It also shouldn't hang occasionally when attempting to align.
Intro Puzzles - The new intro puzzles, including puzzles which focus on specific game types.
Linux - Copy and paste should work now, as long as you have xclip installed (not xclipboard).
Bug Fixes - You should now be able to properly load in solutions from previous puzzles. Various other bug fixes.
Intro Puzzles - Intro puzzles are now marked as completed on an account basis. If you beat them on one account, any time you play the game on that machine or any other machine, they will also be completed.
Electron Density - Alignment has been improved. Pressing Align should give the same results, regardless of where the protein currently is. The old style alignment is still available as "refine alignment".
GUI - A delay has been added to the GUI fade in.
Various bug fixes.
Intro Puzzles - various small improvements.
Electron Density - Scoring bug fix.
Bandwidth - The game client should now use less bandwidth.
Disulfides - Disulfides should form automatically on puzzles that support disulfides
Bandwidth - Various fixes to decrease bandwidth usage.
Bandwidth - More fixes to decrease bandwidth usage
Bandwidth - Option for controlling bandwidth usage
Bandwidth and bug fixes.
Electron Density - Players should no longer occasionally score higher than everyone else. Instead, if this happens, the program will close and an error report will be sent to the server to help us debug the problem.
Symmetry - Symmetry released. More info at http://fold.it/portal/node/991056
Behavior - 2 new behavior sliders added, which modify the behavior of wiggle and shake.
Electron Density - The player score calibration bug has been resolved with the help of the error logs sent by players.
Scripting - Newly saved recipes should no longer crash the client when run. Many lua functions should now be more symmetry-friendly.
Symmetry - Align guide has been disabled on symmetric puzzles. This is because the orientation and absolute position relative to the symmetric axis are important, and attempting to align the two proteins requires that these be changed, resulting in a loss of information.
Chat - Posted screenshots should no longer be obscured by the confirm dialog.
Scripting - Lua V2.0 Released
General - Puzzles may now contain cutpoints.
Minor bug fixes.
Version release date and number available in general options
Global band strength added
Sliders for buried and exposed sidechain accuracy added
Option added to disable guide pulsing
The cookbook is now horizonally resizable
The alignment panel has been reworked -
Instead of failing to thread, it will insert cutpoints into the puzzle where there are gaps, and players will have to resolve these before getting credit.
When threading, changes to the sequence alignment in the alignment panel will be immediately reflected on the player's protein.
New intro puzzles for the new alignment tool and cutpoints
Large sphere removed from the move tool to make working on smaller pieces easier
Added lua interface for the new sliders
Wiggle Accuracy slider should behave better - default changed to 2 (the value foldit used before sliders existed)
band.GetLength() should work correctly now
Wiggle should behave better, and the backbone shouldn't get stuck in unideal conformations as often
Local Wiggle from scripting should behave better
Sliders and behavior script hooks disabled for debugging.
- All code related to behavior sliders rolled back and removed. Behavior should return to what it was pre-sliders. Behavior scripting functions remain but are not functional.
- "Tooltips" option now disable score popups and rank popups
- Added an option to disable score popups and rank popups
- Links are now clickable in chat if they start with http://fold.it/ or http://foldit.wikia.com/ and are the only text in the message
- Added more information to the buildid and a button to copy it
* Bug Fixes
- Foldit should no longer crash when chat loses connection
- Developer Preview update group name changed from "beta" to "devprev".
- The alignment tool wasn't inserting cutpoints in some places where it should have - should be fixed now
- The window title is now [Foldit - Puzzle Title - Track] instead of just [Foldit]. If you are in the default track, it will be just [Foldit - Puzzle Title].
- The move tool has been changed to give you a bit more control. Before the axis of rotation would always be around the center of the protein. Now, whichever residue you click on will become the axis for rotation. In addition, we've added a handle for rotating in the camera plane. We're interested to hear your suggestions for improving this tool further.
- Scripting interface changed for rebuild. Before rebuild would try a user specified number of positions, and a variable number of these would be accepted. Now you specify how many accepted positions you want, and rebuild will try to get that number of positions. Rebuild will fail if it tries 50 positions in a row without finding anything. You can change the 50 to another number by specifying a second argument to rebuild.
- IsLocked function added.
- Cookbook is now re-sizable in the selection interface.
- Dividers added to the cookbook, allowing you to categorize your recipies. You can cut and paste recipies between these dividers.
- The script editor now uses a monospace font, and the cursor should show up in the correct position.
- Cutpoints should no longer be removed improperly when aligning.
- Inserting or deleting the last residue of a segment should not result in a crash.
- Pi helices should no longer score as well.
- All pop-ups should be disabled using the disable dialog option.
- Symmetric copies should be a darker shade of grey than locked regions.
- Threading to an alignment should now always work
- Using the arrow keys to shift alignments should now work in the selection interface
- The tutorials have been adjusted to account for the pi-helix score fix
- Translation files should now show credit on the startup credits in game.
- Chat windows now open with a notice informing people that they are in a public channel.
- The alignment panel now has clearer lock/unlock icons.
- There is now a 'cut here' tool available in the default interface, available by right clicking. For the moment, this tool is only available on Alignment Puzzles.
- Wiggle should no longer lock the center of a segment in space.
- Rotamer cycling using the arrow keys in the selection interface should work again.
* A profanity filter has been added for the in-game chat
* A language selector is now available on the login screen, allowing you to choose a translation
* When posting a screenshot to chat, the contents of the chat windows is now blanked out
* The cut tool is now available in the Selection Interface by selecting 2 adjacent residues.
Bug Fixes -
* The "Disable Network Timeouts" option on the login page will now remember its value
* The Windows client wasn't closing handles properly - should be fixed
* Fixed a bug in the Mac client where keypresses were sometimes being duplicated, resulting in double-paste and double-undos (among other things)
* Non-ASCII characters should be supported better
* The move tool should now highlight when you mouse over it
* All functions which add a band should now return 0 on failure
* The profanity filter has been disabled for group chats
* Empty recipes can no longer be shared
* Puzzle categories are now listed in the puzzle select screen
* The game will now make a backup of solutions before saving, reducing the possibility of corrupt save files
* Notes can now be shown/hidden in the Selection Interface
* You can now take screenshots while a tool is running
* The cut tool is now available on some non-alignment puzzles
* The game will remember which interface (Selection or Default) you use
* A sound is now played indicating when a script ends
* The cookbook now hides itself while a recipe runs
* Added the change font size icon to the selection interface cookbook dialog
* The alignment panel now has a 'score' in the title bar. This score gives you an estimate of how good your structure is. Think of it as how well your fold will do if you resolve the cutpoints and shake the structure out.
* The alignment behavior has been changed slightly. Now you can single click the align button to simply align once, and you can double click to lock to the alignment, like before. Clicking again while locked will unlock it.
* The old 'score' has been renamed 'match', as it gave the false impression that players should attempt to optimize this number (the new 'score' should be much better for this purpose).
* The alignment intro levels have been updated to reflect these changes
* The band menu should now always display on-screen
* Using the tab residue info window will no longer cause wiggle to 'lock up'
* Quicksave hotkeys should now work in Linux
* Themes - you can now customize the colors of various parts of Foldit in your theme.txt file. Color codes may be specified in the following formats: byte ([0-255], [0-255], [0-255]), float ([0.0-1.0], [0.0-1.0], [0.0-1.0]), hex ([0x00-0xff], [0x00-0xff], [0x00-0xff]), and html ([#000000-#ffffff]).
* Network Status Indicator - Network status indicators have been added. Chat channel indicators show your connection to each channel. The notification bar indicator shows your connection to the score server. If it is green, it means your scores are being updated.
* Holding ALT will now disable band snapping while dragging.
* The options.txt file now has entries for desired FPS, desired window width and height.
* Residue burial score visualizations no longer show up on hydrophilics.
* Guest accounts in Windows can now run Foldit
* You can now specify whether you want IRC to auto-reconnect in the options file.
* Global wiggle will now try to root the protein on locked or frozen regions when available, instead of just the center of the protein.
* There is now a checkbox in the behavior tab for disabling the forces which pull cutpoints together.
* Fixed the network disconnection check to be more accurate.
* Wiggle should now not get stuck in certain situations.
* The protein should now be able to float freely in electron density puzzles.
* A change to our solution format, which will let us track down bugs more easily.
* Fixed a memory leak in the ResidueIE filter.
- Clashing importance slider is now linear again
- Fixed problem where stop button would draw in incorrect location
- Band length dialog should now always show correct default value
- A new filter has been added called the 'Layer Score Filter'
It will provide feedback for getting appropriate numbers of residues in the core vs. on the surface
It will be enabled in some future design puzzles
- There were many changes to the backend Rosetta code, these should improve performance in some cases and increase the stability of the program.
* Intro puzzles
- Close the gap
Made puzzle solution more clear by hiding voids when puzzle score is close to completion.
- Flippin Sheets
- GUI Script editor CI slider now has 2 decimal points of precision
- The "show expected residue burials" view option should now properly turn on/off at all times
- ResidueIE Score Filter no longer applies to locked residues
* Crash Fixes
- Crash when switching between puzzles
- Crash when opening alignment panel
- Crash when creating a new track
- Crash when turning on "show expected residue burials"
- Translation files have been updated with new strings
* Crash Fixes
- Crash when LayerScore Filter and 'Show expected residue burials' are both enabled
- Crash with 'Show expected residue burials' when there were ligands in the puzzle
- Crash with disulfides on symmetric puzzles
- Crash when calling certain Lua functions with incorrect input types
- Clashing importance now has a text edit box so you can type in desired values
- Added warning about solutions becoming evolver when playing offline
- Fixed typo in intro level text
* Solution Files
- The solution save file format has been updated, solutions saved in this version of the game will not open in older versions
- Updating Polish and Russian translations
- Puzzles with LayerScore enabled should run much smoother now
- Rare crash when changing puzzles
- New Disulfide Count Score Filter
- Electron density scoring has been improved
- Reduced stopping time for Mutate Sidechains in the case of symmetric proteins
- The foldability of the monomer may now be weighted higher in symmetry files
- Extra information has been added to some filters to explain them better
- Performance improvements (stutter issue) on puzzles with the LayerScore filter enabled
- Intro puzzle level number shows up in title.
- A new checkbox has been added to the behavior panel that allows you to disable slow filters
- bool behavior.GetSlowFiltersDisabled()
- void behavior.SetSlowFiltersDisabled(bool setting)
* Bug Fixes
- The behavior panel will now properly update when opened if options were changed from scripts
- Showing isosurface on puzzles with multiple chains will now work
* LUA structure.GetAminoAcid() / get_aa()
- Virtual residues will now return 'vrt'
- Sugars will now return 'unk'
- DNA will now return 'da' for "ADE", 'dc' for "CYT", 'dg' for "GUA", and 'dt' for "THY"
- RNA will now return 'ra' for "RAD", 'rc' for "RCY", 'rg' for "RGU", and 'ru' for "URA"
* LUA structure.GetSecondaryStructure() / get_ss
- Will return 'M' instead of '_'
- Bug fix where client was dropping logging information that it was supposed to send to the client. This will cause bandwidth usage to return to previous levels.
- ResidueIE scoring has been fixed
- Removed log.txt output that was too verbose (affects puzzles with symmetry and layer filters)
- GUI Recipes can now mutate to best identities, and set amino acids directly
- Bug in score function has been fixed. Puzzles may score slightly higher
-- Some tutorials should be easier to beat by following instructions.
- Added 'protein/color/pulse_working_color' and 'protein/color/pulse_eye_catch' to theme.txt
- A search box has been added to the puzzle select menu
- Breakdown of score parts in the segment info (TAB) popup now have a single point of decimal precision
- Breakdown of score parts in the segment info (TAB) popup have more categories so less will be put into 'other'
- Filters text is now more relevant and accurate
- Disabled filters are now colored correctly
- Added an option to color symmetric chains differently
* Centroid Mode
- New puzzles will be able to be posted with 'centroid mode'. This type of puzzle will not do calculations on all of the sidechain atoms so it will be able to run much faster on larger sized puzzles. More info on this in an upcoming blog post.