Make Note Mode info available in Pull and Structure Modes
|Opened on:||Friday, February 6, 2009 - 17:17|
|Last modified:||Friday, January 6, 2012 - 01:55|
Note Mode info is very interesting and important IMHO. But utterly useless because:
1) User has to leave everything and close everything else in order to access Notes. By the time this is done, the information is changing, lost, or forgotten. If I want to see the change in distances between items, I won't be able to do so with Notes Info. Too difficult.
2) User can only see one segment's info at a time. No way to know about the behavior of neighbors interacting.
3) User can't see what changes in Note Info without first having to change modes, close info, make changes, stop changes, change modes back to Mode.
4) User can't see what causes/caused changes.
1) Have a Note Mode feature which would turn on a display of the info (I'll call "Note Info") right on the screen above or below each segment while in Pull mode and Structure Mode.
2) Add to that feature a checklist of which info's user wants there, e.g. score, backbone naturalness, etc.
3) This information would dynamically change as you work in Pull or Structure Modes. The feedback would be very, very informative to users. It might be slow but this mode is only to be used occasionally. It doesn't have to be pretty, either. For example, to make programming easier text may be displayed at a point referenced to middle of segment regardless of where it lands on screen and regardless if it is visible or not.