User visibility suggestion : automated local wiggling on entire protein
|Opened on:||Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 16:33|
|Last modified:||Wednesday, June 1, 2011 - 20:28|
Performing local wiggling manually on an entire protein is tedious but necessary to raise one's score. Short of introducing a macro language (which would change the nature of the game), here are is a possible user-visibility perspective:
- When selecting an end segment, a "local-wiggle all" option appears.
- (Facultative) One can select whether local-wiggling will be done on a length of 2, 2 to 3, 2 to 4 etc.
- Semi-transparent "percent left" timer appears.
- Local wiggling then proceeds with a reasonable algorithm (e.g. do it on a length of 2 until gains are insignificant, keep best score and global wiggle, extend forward by one, do it again on the length-3 segment, move forward the back segment so that the selected length is 2 again etc.)
- Can be stopped by pressing space at any time.
- The "unstable" segments, which proved to yield the most points loss or gains, are marked with a freeze. (Using a note is another possibility). This will make it possible to further optimize those areas.