New intro puzzles -- typos, etc.
|Opened on:||Saturday, December 2, 2017 - 07:50|
|Last modified:||Sunday, December 3, 2017 - 19:30|
The latest version of the new puzzles is a big improvement over the September version.
There are still some typos and style issues that could be fixed.
Here are comments for the level 5 puzzles. Level 5-3 is a bit of a problem, it's hard to solve
consistently, and the popups are not very clear.
Comments on level 8 to follow.
Level 5-1 Make Five Bonds
* In the conditions, "atleast" should be "at least".
* In the popups, "white blue band" should be "blue and white spiral".
* In the popups, "more the merrier" should be "the more, the merrier".
Level 5-2 Disulfide Bonds
* In the popups, "lets try another" should be "let' try another".
* In the popups, "green yellow band" should be "green and yellow spiral".
* "Cystein" should be "cysteine" in several popups.
* In the popups, "atleast" should be "at least".
Level 5-3 Combo Conditions
This puzzle may be too hard. I solved it quickly the first time, but I had a hard time repeating it consistently. The resulting protein doesn't look very good.
* In the popups, "Click on the show button for core existence condition to see the required effects on the protein. The entire backbone changes are highlighted to show the effects on the core." is unclear.
* Reword as: "Click on the show button next to the core existence condition to see which segments
are in the core. Segments colored in blue are on the outside of the protein, and segments colored in
orange are in the core. Green segments are in between."
* In the popups, a-helix (alpha helix) and b-sheet (beta sheet) should be just helix and sheet.
* Reword as: "Try dragging the sheet closer to the helix you just made.
When segments turn orange, they're in the core. The core existence condition is satisfied when you
have enough orange segments."
* In general, it's probably clearer to say "segments" instead of "residues".