The rundown on coronavirus
You don't have to be a scientist to do science! Download and play Foldit and you can help researchers discover new antiviral drugs that might stop coronavirus! The most promising solutions will be manufactured and tested at the University of Washington Institute for Protein Design in Seattle.
Foldit is run by academic research scientists. It is free to play and not-for-profit. To get started, download Foldit and create a username!
We recommend that new players start with the Foldit Intro Puzzles.
After some practice, move on to the Science Puzzles and try out the Beginner: Coronavirus puzzle.
We also have an
advanced puzzle NEW advanced puzzle where you can try to design an antiviral protein from scratch!
To meet other players, check out the Foldit Discord channels.
Note: Foldit is an interactive computer game and not a distributed computing project. If you would like to donate idle CPU cycles to science, please check out the Rosetta@Home project on BOINC.(Wed, 03/04/2020 - 05:46 | 9 comments)
A Reminder of the Community Rules
Hello all! Hope you are enjoying this fine Tuesday. I wanted to take a brief moment to remind everyone about the Foldit Community Rules. As part of the community, everyone is expected to adhere to these rules at all times, so it is important all are aware of what is expected. Here are the highlights:
- Keep the conversation PG-rated, since there is a wide range of ages in the community. Anything deemed offensive or obscene will not be tolerated.
We're releasing a small hotfix that addresses some under-the-hood puzzle compatibility issues. There shouldn't be any visible changes.(Wed, 04/14/2021 - 19:47 | 0 comments)
Hotfixes to Main and Devprev soon!
Hey all, we're going to be pushing some hotfixes to both main and devprev here soon.
For both releases:
* Fixed an crash on the Reaction Design intro puzzle.
* Fixed a scoring issue affecting some design puzzles.
* Fixed an issue where the objectives panel wouldn't re-compute bonuses when it should.
For devprev only:
* Fixed a bug causing moves to not be counted
* Fixed a bug causing Dojo mode to soft lock when ending the level using a recipe
* Fixed a bug where Dojo mode would repeat the first level many times
* Fixed a campaign typo.
Lab Report #19: And the winner is . . .
This month we break down the results from the recent Influenza HA Binder Design Competition
- Influenza HA binder design competition
- Symmetric design puzzles
- Two-sided interface design puzzles
- Designable linker puzzles
- More electron density puzzles
- Binder design puzzles
DESIGN OF THE MONTH
- A triple feature of three competition submissions by LociOiling, highlighting several design principles that will give us tight binders to influenza HA. See for yourself in the new Design of the Month sandbox puzzle.