Let's Foldit! - Episode 1 of the Foldit podcast
Happy Wednesday everyone! We're proud to present the first episode of our new podcast all about Foldit and the science behind it. In this episode we sit down with Brandon Kier, one of the scientists working on Foldit, to discuss his latest puzzle: 675 Hydrogen-producing Catalyst Dimer. A text transcript will also be uploaded soon.
Be sure to check out Brandon's companion blog post as well!( Posted by katfish 139 1839 | Wed, 02/06/2013 - 17:50 | 6 comments )
Server downtime this morning
Thank you to everyone for bearing with us this morning during the server downtime. We greatly appreciate your patience and speedy reports. We'll be monitoring the game closely today to make sure things are running smoothly. We don't have an explanation behind the downtime for the moment although we suspect some LFB mischief...
- katfish(Wed, 02/06/2013 - 17:36 | 0 comments)
Foldit wins Katerva Award!
Foldit players, this one goes out to you.
We are the winners of the Katerva Award for Behavioral Change! This category honors those enacting global change on an individual level. The best technologies can't make a difference if individuals don't use them. Thank you for helping us change the world.
katfish 139 1839 | Thu, 01/31/2013 - 19:48 | 1 comment )
We've just pushed the changes that were in the developer preview into the main game.
- Translation files have been updated with new strings
* Crash Fixes
- Crash when LayerScore Filter and 'Show expected residue burials' are both enabled
- Crash with 'Show expected residue burials' when there were ligands in the puzzle
- Crash with disulfides on symmetric puzzles
- Crash when calling certain Lua functions with incorrect input types
- Clashing importance now has a text edit box so you can type in desired values
- Added warning about solutions becoming evolver when playing offline
- Fixed typo in intro level text
* Solution Files
- The solution save file format has been updated, solutions saved in this version of the game will not open in older versions