Developer Preview Release!
Hey everyone, we've just released an update to the developer preview with the following features and fixes:
- Intro puzzle level number shows up in title.
- A new checkbox has been added to the behavior panel that allows you to disable slow filters
* Bug Fixes
- The behavior panel will now properly update when opened if options were changed from scripts
- Showing isosurface on puzzles with multiple chains will now work
* LUA structure.GetAminoAcid() / get_aa()
- Virtual residues will now return 'vrt'
- Sugars will now return 'unk'
- DNA will now return 'da' for "ADE", 'dc' for "CYT", 'dg' for "GUA", and 'dt' for "THY"
- RNA will now return 'rg' for "RAD", 'ra' for "RCY", 'rc' for "RGU", and 'ru' for "URA"
* LUA structure.GetSecondaryStructure() / get_ss
- Will return 'M' instead of '_'
The new checkbox should be especially helpful in the design puzzles that utilize filters - checking it will make the game run much faster, but you'll have to uncheck it before you can post scores again.
Scoring the protein properly takes time, and we need to score it properly for things to be fair and scientifically useful. However, we don't need to be recalculating this filtered score all the time, which is why we've given you the option to temporarily disable the slow filter scoring.(Mon, 03/11/2013 - 21:45 | 3 comments)
Developer Preview Release Soon
We will be releasing an update to the developer preview soon.
There will also be a small update going out to all clients to update the Terms of Service to match the website.(Mon, 03/11/2013 - 17:06 | 0 comments)
Friday Foldit Wallpaper
It's time to gussy up those computer screens with a new Foldit wallpaper! A big thank you goes out to our artists who took the time to create it for us. Enjoy!
Terms of Service Update
This is a notification that the Terms of Service will be getting a minor update soon. The following additions and modifications will cover external logins (for programs such as EdX MOOC) and the sharing of data with collaborators. Here are the new changes:
"If you log in with an account from a third party project, data will be associated with an identifier provided by that project and data may be reported to both Foldit and that project."
"Data used for research may be made public or shared with collaborators"
"Data logged by the game may be shared with domain experts for analysis."
"Foldit is part of a research project entitled Scientific Discovery Games. Researchers and supporters of this study can be found on the game’s about page."
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to send me a private message and I'll be happy to help clarify. Thanks!
- katfish(Tue, 03/05/2013 - 19:35 | 6 comments)