Developer Preview Release Soon
We will be releasing an update to the developer preview soon.
There will also be a small update going out to all clients to update the Terms of Service to match the website.(Mon, 03/11/2013 - 17:06 | 0 comments)
Friday Foldit Wallpaper
It's time to gussy up those computer screens with a new Foldit wallpaper! A big thank you goes out to our artists who took the time to create it for us. Enjoy!
Terms of Service Update
This is a notification that the Terms of Service will be getting a minor update soon. The following additions and modifications will cover external logins (for programs such as EdX MOOC) and the sharing of data with collaborators. Here are the new changes:
"If you log in with an account from a third party project, data will be associated with an identifier provided by that project and data may be reported to both Foldit and that project."
"Data used for research may be made public or shared with collaborators"
"Data logged by the game may be shared with domain experts for analysis."
"Foldit is part of a research project entitled Scientific Discovery Games. Researchers and supporters of this study can be found on the game’s about page."
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to send me a private message and I'll be happy to help clarify. Thanks!
- katfish(Tue, 03/05/2013 - 19:35 | 6 comments)
Computer Gamers Help Push Frontier Of Brain Research
We've just pushed the changes that were in the developer preview into the main game. There was a small fix to the disulfide filter (which hasn't been posted in a puzzle yet) that will require devprev users to update as well.
- Updating Polish and Russian translations
- Puzzles with LayerScore enabled should run much smoother now
- Rare crash when changing puzzles
- New Disulfide Count Score Filter
- Electron density scoring has been improved
- Reduced stopping time for Mutate Sidechains in the case of symmetric proteins
- The foldability of the monomer may now be weighted higher in symmetry files
- Extra information has been added to some filters to explain them better
- Performance improvements (stutter issue) on puzzles with the LayerScore filter enabled