Foldit design paper published online!
Developer Preview Release Soon
Hey everyone, we're about to release a small update to the developer preview with a few fixes. Let us know if you see any issues!
* Fixed a number of threading issues that may have been causing sporadic crashes.
* Fixed a crash on switching puzzles to a different size.
* Fixed a hotkey collision.
* Potential fix for previously reported 64-bit mac issues (64-bit release to come at a later date).
* Fixed the window name on Mac to correctly read Foldit instead of game_dynamic.
* Some small updates to the loading tips.
Foldit design paper coming soon!
On Wednesday, June 5, Nature will publish a paper describing protein design by Foldit players!
For the past six years, Foldit players have been working hard to design brand new proteins from scratch, and we're excited to finally share the results with the rest of the world! This paper marks a huge milestone for Foldit, and a significant achievement by the entire Foldit community!(Sat, 06/01/2019 - 01:02 | 8 comments)
Help Us Make Foldit Better
Northeastern University researchers are conducting a survey to learn about how to make better citizen science games. To take this survey, visit https://forms.gle/QaFFsNwcwTVYqiPQA . Thank you for supporting our research!
This survey will only take 15 minutes, and filling it out would be hugely helpful to us, especially if you're new to the citizen science scene!
You can also fill out the survey for other citizen science games if you play games like EyeWire or EteRNA!
If you already filled out the gameplay survey earlier this year, you don't need to fill it out again, but there are some new questions if you have the time!
Many thanks!(Thu, 04/25/2019 - 15:37 | 6 comments)