New devprev puzzle!
Developer Preview Release Soon
We're about to post an update to the developer preview with the following fixes/features:
* Hydrogen Bond Network filter - this filter is now aware of the 'core' of the protein. We can now constrain the HBonds to only those which feature core residues. This is important because the surface networks that we were seeing before weren't really doing anything to increase stability.
* Windows should be brought to the foreground more consistently while clicking on them in the selection interface.
Leaving the fold
Hello community! Today's news is a little bittersweet - I am leaving the community for a brand new horizon after having the pleasure of serving this community as its Community Liaison for the last few years. Some important notes:
- Yes, the position is going to be filled, hopefully soon. Sadly, I don't have a link yet to share or I would. Please hover directly over the UW Hires website for that listing, because it should appear in the near future and if all goes as planned it probably won't be up for long. It will be based on campus, here in Seattle.
- Yes, you may absolutely ping jflat and bkoep for issues until the new person appears. I would also recommend not flooding their PM box, and continuing to use the feedback for bugs, and the forum for general questions/suggestions. They'll be monitoring both and it will be faster if issues are tracked there!
- Yes! We have a new video that will be appearing in May. I'm mentioning this now because part of its appearance will be include the opportunity to win the People's Choice vote, and winning that would be ace. More details from relevant folks (aka bkoep) as it gets closer. As a bonus, you'll finally get to hear your previously mystery community person speak, proving once and for all I do exist in a non-text way.
Finally, it has been a joy and delight to be part of such a unique community. I have learned so much about protein folding from each of you, the team, and obviously by playing Foldit. Your patience and endurance as a community is simply among the best, and I can't wait to see what Foldit accomplishes next. Good luck, and thank you. ~inkycatz(Fri, 04/21/2017 - 15:36 | 8 comments)
Protein crystallization blog
It's time for an update on Foldit protein design! If you recall, our last update showed that several Foldit player-designed proteins appear folded and stable in solution. However, we'd like to have crystal structures of these proteins to show that they are indeed folding into their intended folds. Here we take a closer look at the protein crystallization process in this new blog by bkoep.(Tue, 04/18/2017 - 16:22 | 0 comments)
New Mac Installer!
As a result of some changes on Apple's side, the previous installer for Mac no longer works. We've released a new Mac installer to address this.
If you already had Foldit installed, it may continue functioning properly, but you might see some issues. If you want to be safe, you can reinstall Foldit and copy over your old files.
As a side note - this new installer changes the title back to "Foldit" from "game_dynamic".(Mon, 04/10/2017 - 18:46 | 2 comments)