Hotfixes to Main and Devprev soon!
Hey all, we're going to be pushing some hotfixes to both main and devprev here soon.
For both releases:
* Fixed an crash on the Reaction Design intro puzzle.
* Fixed a scoring issue affecting some design puzzles.
* Fixed an issue where the objectives panel wouldn't re-compute bonuses when it should.
For devprev only:
* Fixed a bug causing moves to not be counted
* Fixed a bug causing Dojo mode to soft lock when ending the level using a recipe
* Fixed a bug where Dojo mode would repeat the first level many times
* Fixed a campaign typo.
* Fixed a couple of interface bugs related to the undo menu. Thanks to cjddig for help identifying these bugs.
* Fixed a bug causing the update window to be invisible.
* Updated fonts for clear visuals and more language coverage.
* Fixed a visual glitch in the bottom left corner of the screen.
* Fixed a bug where the Move Count Objective would not update automatically; like other Objectives, it now updates whenever the protein is changed
* Move usage tooltips now appear at the mouse cursor instead of in the upper left
* Revised how moves are counted: please note that we are actively soliciting feedback on this system; if you believe an action should cost more or fewer moves, please provide feedback at https://fold.it/portal/feedback
Lab Report #19: And the winner is . . .
This month we break down the results from the recent Influenza HA Binder Design Competition
- Influenza HA binder design competition
- Symmetric design puzzles
- Two-sided interface design puzzles
- Designable linker puzzles
- More electron density puzzles
- Binder design puzzles
DESIGN OF THE MONTH
- A triple feature of three competition submissions by LociOiling, highlighting several design principles that will give us tight binders to influenza HA. See for yourself in the new Design of the Month sandbox puzzle.
Developer Preview Release Soon - Dojo Mode!
Hey everyone, we're about to release an update to the Developer Preview with an exciting new feature: Dojo Mode!
What is Dojo Mode?
The Foldit Dojo is a new game mode to help beginner and intermediate players practice their folding. In Dojo mode, you have a stamina bar that decreases based on how many moves you make and the time you spend working on the puzzle. You'll need to work quickly and efficiently to beat these levels. Puzzles in the Dojo are also tailored to your skill. You might not see the same levels or order of levels as other players. When you beat a puzzle, you'll also have a chance to choose an easier or harder challenge. If you're on a winning streak, the Dojo will encourage you to try harder levels. If you run out of stamina, you can still keep playing on a different puzzle, but the Dojo will try to find easier levels for you. After a total of three losses, your run in the Dojo will end and you'll be given a final score for the run and overall rank for your progress in Dojo mode. In the future, we hope to add new achievements or leaderboards for the Dojo, but for now you can share your results on our Discord or forum if you'd like to informally compete with other players.
We're adding this new game mode to help bridge the gap between the tutorial campaign and Beginner/Novice science puzzles. Our hope is that, with enough different levels, our matchmaking system can find the right challenge for any player to practice at the edge of their comfort zone. In this early release, Dojo mode has around 70 unique levels, but we hope to add many more once the system has been tested.
We would love to hear your feedback on Dojo mode! You can leave feedback on our feedback page (https://fold.it/portal/feedback) or message @Josh directly on the Discord or through the in-game chat. Let us know what you think about the concept, changes you'd like to see, or issues with specific levels (please provide the level name in the upper right corner so we know which level you're referring to). Thanks!
* Added the Dojo, a new practice mode!
* Fixed a bug where the cancel button was not visible on some menus