Come see us at Science EXPO Day!
Calling all Foldit players in the greater Seattle area! Come see us at the Seattle Center tomorrow from 10:00am-6:00pm for Science Expo Day! Talk shop with our scientists, play Foldit, and be one of the first to demo Foldit for Leap. We'll be located just inside Zone 2. We'll see you there!
(Fri, 06/07/2013 - 21:56 | 0 comments)
The new "Upload for Scientists" button
We are very excited about the new "Upload for Scientists" button that has been added to Foldit!
We currently have 3 design puzzles up where we look forward to receiving your favorite designs. Each player may upload 3 solutions per puzzle.
Two of the current design puzzles have starting structures that were initially taken from previous Foldit player solutions. We hope the new "Upload for Scientists" button will lead to many more of these.
Check out the latest blogpost to learn more: http://fold.it/portal/node/995228(Wed, 05/29/2013 - 06:03 | 0 comments)
Hey everyone! We're pushing the developer preview changes out into the main client. This update will include the following changes:
- Unused chat tabs will be hidden (group tab will not show if you are not in a group, none will show if you are offline)
- You can now import/export LUA V2 scripts directly from the client. Importing will override the current script (keeping parent/title/description data)
- Adding ability to color backbone/sidechains by aa (each AA has a unique color). These colors can be changed in theme.txt
- Updated translation files with new strings
- There is now a "Share with Scientists" button in the client that can be used for sharing buggy/important structures.
- You may now have 10 self-shared solutions, 10 group-shared solutions, and 3 scientist-shared solutions.
* Bug Fixes
- Relative scoring should now work on electron density puzzles
Scientist Chat: Thursday 5/23 - 20h00 GMT
This Thursday 5/23 at 20h00 GMT we will be having a Scientist Chat in with our Baker Lab scientists! A transcript will be available on the site after the event.
If you need help getting into #global chat, check out this helpful guide for assistance.
Thanks and we'll see you there!
P.S. A transcript of the chat is now available.
Edit: Switched timing to GMT.(Tue, 05/21/2013 - 17:44 | 3 comments)