Foldit Lab Report #6: Coronavirus puzzle
Check out Foldit Lab Report #6 on YouTube now!
We've got a bunch of new puzzles this month — and some exciting tools coming soon!
• Looking at electron density in Foldit is about to get a whooole lot easier (0:31)
• With the new BUNS tool, your solutions should be better behaved in the lab (2:18)
• More poly-proline helix design (3:50)
• CRISPR/Cas transposase (4:02)
• Aflatoxin prediction (4:28)
• Coronavirus spike-binder design (5:20)
• Return of sketchbooks — this time symmetric (6:10)
You can still fill out the username sharing form to let us know you're okay with public recognition!(Sun, 03/01/2020 - 17:09 | 5 comments)
Foldit Lab Report #5: New software dev
Check out Foldit Lab Report #5 on YouTube now!
- New poly-proline helix tools are on the way
- Introducing a CRISPR puzzle
- Ever more symmetric designs
- Can you make the next top TIM?
DESIGN OF THE MONTH
- silent gene created another great symmetric design
New AlphaFold blog post!
AlphaFold, which was developed by DeepMind in 2018, uses a sophisticated machine-learning algorithm to derive structural information from a protein's sequence. In the last CASP competition, it out-performed every other method for protein structure prediction! In this latest blog post, we take a look at the AlphaFold method and its impact on protein research!(Fri, 01/31/2020 - 00:57 | 3 comments)
Now hiring at the Institute for Protein Design!
The UW Institute for Protein Design is hiring for a research assistant position in Seattle, WA! This position is specifically to help with the crystallization of proteins designed by Foldit players and others at the Institute!
Protein designers rely on crystallization and x-ray diffraction experiments to determine if their proteins fold correctly. If these kinds of experiments interest you, we want your help crystallizing more proteins at the Institute! No experience with protein crystallography is necessary.
Apply now through the UW Hires portal!(Wed, 01/29/2020 - 00:45 | 1 comment)