Experimental Drug Design Group Update
There is a new update for the experimental drug design group. Bug reports can be filed here or in the discord chat room.
1) Add color to change ligand so that it stands out better
2) Grab full residue during MMFF minimization - bug found by Wbertro
3) Molecular mass/weight text needs to be changed - Wbertro
4) Show limits for Rule of Five Filter in View Panel
5) Highlight important interactions in protein that can be used to guide designs (hydrogen bonds, salt bridges, cation-pi, pi-pi)
In general, more stability was added to designing small molecules and error catching.
-free_radical(Mon, 09/19/2016 - 18:21 | 16 comments)
Fresh off the Nature press: Determining crystal structures through crowdsourcing and coursework. As the paper abstract notes, "Introduction of a new feature into the computer game Foldit allows players to build and real-space refine structures into electron density maps. To assess the usefulness of this feature, we held a crystallographic model-building competition between trained crystallographers, undergraduate students, Foldit players and automatic model-building algorithms. After removal of disordered residues, a team of Foldit players achieved the most accurate structure."
Good job, Foldit community! In celebration, we're also announcing our next Science Chat, and this paper of course, will be the main theme (but other science questions for Foldit are welcome). Be sure your questions get posted here.
The Date: 27 September 2016 (Tuesday)
The location: #veteran, IRC (Get help with chat here.)
The Time: 2100-2200 (or so, but the official chat ends after an hour) GMT (aka 1400-1500 PT)
The Time Zone Converter: Right this way!