Developer Preview Release Soon
We're about to release an update to the developer preview with some fixes and an exciting new feature:
New Feature: Metrics
Metrics are computationally expensive filters. Since metrics take much longer to compute, we are handling them differently from normal filters.
As you fold, Foldit will be computing these metrics in the background. Once the metrics catch up to the current state of your protein, your score will update. Until they catch up, your score will be invalid, but you can still use Foldit like normal without things slowing down to a crawl. In practice, your score will catch up shortly after you finish using a tool. In recipes, we're adding a function that waits for the full metric score if you need that value.
Keep an eye out for an upcoming blog post on metrics!
* Updated logging to provide more useful information. This will help us debug better, and will also help us track down rogue logfile output and remove it.
* Added lua functions for metrics.
* Remix results are now more reproducible.
* Removed some rogue logfile output.
* Fixed some issues with tutorial tips.
* Added more info to the Windows crash reports.
We're releasing a new update with the following fixes and changes:
* Only sidechains with BUNS will be automatically shown when the filter is enabled.
* Some symmetric puzzles may now penalize BUNS across every asymmetric unit.
* When enabled, the filter will show every bondable atom without enabling any HBonds. This is new behavior for the 'show bondable atoms' view option as well, as clicking it will show all bondable atoms regardless of what particular HBond types are visible.
* Enabling the filter will not change the view options boxes. Changes to ('show bondable atoms' and 'show hydrogens') will only take effect after the filter is disabled.
* Fixed an issue where LUA errors would freeze Mac and Linux clients.
* Fixed a problem which caused the log file to become inflated with meaningless characters. We're actively working on this to solve any remaining issues.
* To improve script speed, Lua functions of the form filter.* now ignore DDG, Sasa, and shape complementarity. Functions to access these will come at a later date.
As always, thank you to our players in the develop preview for finding the bugs and helping us fix them!(Wed, 09/23/2020 - 20:13 | 0 comments)
Office Hour 9/25/20
Hey everyone! We will be having an Office Hour led by beta_helix this Friday, 9/25 at 11 AM ET on #Vet. Please see this Time Zone Converter here. This week, beta_helix, as well as the rest of the Foldit team, would like to continue to encourage new players to join in as well! If you're new to Foldit, our Office Hours are when a member of the Foldit team comes on this channel to answer any questions that a player may have regarding the game. Each member of the Foldit team has a TON of knowledge about Foldit/protein design in general, however, if they are unable to answer your question, we'll pass it along to somebody who can! Hope to see y'all there!(Wed, 09/23/2020 - 19:14 | 1 comment)