Developer Preview Release Soon
We're about to release an update to the developer preview with the following fixes, and some potentially big performance boosts!
* Fixed some general performance issues, especially for things like mass-banding operations
* Fixed a bug where bands and segments selected via Lua functions did not display properly
* Modified the color of segments selected with the dialog.SelectSegments function so that selections are more clear against any color scheme
* Fixed various bugs related to text selection
We've just released an update with the following fixes and changes:
* Page Up and Page Down keys can now be used to zoom the camera in and out.
* The ContactMS metric should no longer cause hangs in certain situations.
* The undo graph and 'bests' should now factor in metric scores.
* Fixes for the tab key residue info window.
* Fixed a bug preventing puzzle names from being clickable.
* Fixed a bug where pressing undo (Ctrl+Z) on a recipe would delete all text.
* Re-added the ability to cut/copy everything using cut/copy shortcuts when no text is selected.
* Fixed a bug where news posts and puzzle descriptions were not selectable.
* Fixed a bug where typing forward delete (Fn+Delete) on Mac inserted an erroneous '('.
* Fixed a bug which caused little square boxes ("LSBs") to appear in recipes when pasting in text with Windows or Mac line endings.
* Fixed a bug which caused text copied from Foldit to have improper line endings for Windows and Mac.
* Fixed a bug causing some text to remain when deleting or cutting a text selection.
* Group chat is now profanity filtered by default
* Added an option to disable the group chat profanity filter
* Users ignored through Foldit's IRC are now also ignored on Foldit's Discord integration
* Fixed a bug causing the hiding importance slider to control packing importance instead of the packing importance slider
* Fixed multiple bugs where various options were not being saved
* Fixed a bug preventing HBond importance sliders from being clickable to reset
* Fixed a bug where the input boxes in the Behavior menu overlapped with the sliders above them
* Fixed a bug where pressing "Center Protein" on the Electron Density panel while a tool is running would cause a crash
* Fixed a bug in the Notifications tab that allowed players to View Puzzles while running a recipe, causing a crash
* Fixed a bug causing in-game notifications to display improperly
* Fixed a bug preventing chat moderators from posting links
* Fixed a bug which caused little square boxes ("LSBs") to appear in recipes when pasting in tab characters
* Fixed the description of Lua function IsRecipeBand which returns whether a band was modified by a recipe
As always, a big thanks to our devprev players for helping to test this release!(Mon, 01/04/2021 - 19:01 | 0 comments)
Lab Report #16: DeepMind and Beyond
This month we reflect on the exciting AlphaFold2 breakthrough by DeepMind. We've also got new coronavirus puzzles just in time for the new year. Watch our latest lab report on YouTube now.
- AlphaFold2 and protein structure prediction
- MERS-CoV binder design
- Two-sided interface design
- More designable linker puzzles
Blogs, blogs, blogs!
Hey everyone! Be sure to check out our latest Forum thread: How to Foldit! This ten part blog series will take you from the very basics of Foldit all the way to playing like a true scientist! Whether you're just starting out or have been folding for years, every part will have something to teach you. The first part is all about the big idea: what's the point of Foldit, anyway? Plus it has some pro tips for veteran folders looking to up their game. We'll be releasing one part of this series each week, so check back in periodically for the latest tips on how to be a master folder!(Mon, 12/28/2020 - 19:02 | 0 comments)
Updates to Our Community Rules
In order to keep our community safe and friendly, we have made some updates to our community rules. Here's a summary of what we changed:
- We're emphasizing our zero tolerance policies for discrimination and harassment.
- We're going to be more lenient on minor offenses. We know everyone has bad days and the occasional curse word or insult slips out. We won't hold it against you forever.
- We're going to be more strict on major offenses. There's no excuse for hate speech or threats, and we plan to escalate our responses to this kind of behavior.
- We're trying to be more clear about what counts as cheating. We realize other solutions can be inspiring, and there's a fine line between being inspired and learning from another solution and copying/stealing it. Not only have we updated the descriptions in our guidelines, we've updated our internal policies for judging these cases in order to be more fair.
Our community manager agcohn821 and our player moderators have been collaborating to make these updates. We hope these rules can keep our community safe for everybody and make Foldit a pleasant place to be and talk.
Thank you for following our community rules, and as always, happy folding.(Tue, 12/22/2020 - 18:53 | 4 comments)