Developer Preview Release Soon
We have a small update coming out with a few fixes/changes. Notes below!
* The Blueprint, Rama Map, Idealize, and IdealizeSS tools will now “move” the smallest number of residues, keeping the majority of residues fixed
* Several bug fixes involving various drug design tools.
* A small experimental change that may help with symmetry related crashes.
A Reminder of the Community Rules
Hello all! Hope you are enjoying this fine Tuesday. I wanted to take a brief moment to remind everyone about the Foldit Community Rules. As part of the community, everyone is expected to adhere to these rules at all times, so it is important all are aware of what is expected. Here are the highlights:
- Keep the conversation PG-rated, since there is a wide range of ages in the community. Anything deemed offensive or obscene will not be tolerated.
- Do not make offensive references to a person or group by race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender, orientation, age, disability, etc. and no offensive IDs or nicknames.
- Do not discuss illegal activity (e.g. offering or discussing where to get warez, pirated movies, etc.) under any circumstances.
- Do not shout (i.e., TYPING IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS).
- Do not harass or insult other members. You can respectfully disagree, but don’t be rude or belligerent.
- Do not impersonate any other user in chat.
- Do not make threats toward other members, directly or indirectly.
- Do not release personal, real life information about other members.
- Do not spam websites for either personal or commercial purposes. Posting a personal website link once is okay, just don’t do it repeatedly. Posting a link that is about another player is not okay, unless it is a news item.
- Do not repeat yourself over and over to try to get noticed, as this is disruptive. (Bumping posts without additional content also falls under this category.)
- Do not use scripts to copy data from other players or external sources.
- Do not actively use multiple scoring accounts simultaneously.
- Do not harass other users via private messages.
To view the entire Community Rules document, click here. The document contains the admins' process for dealing with violations of community rules. If you have any questions, feel free to drop me a line!(Tue, 06/20/2017 - 22:30 | 3 comments)
Foldit design crystal structure
We've carried out an x-ray diffraction experiment with one of our protein crystals, and were able to solve the first-ever crystal structure of a protein designed by Foldit players! The final crystal structure is a near-exact match to the designed conformation. More details about the crystal structure will be forthcoming. For now, players check out the blog for information about x-ray diffraction, and explore the electron density map in Puzzle 1384!(Tue, 05/30/2017 - 23:42 | 3 comments)
New Community Liaison
Hello, Foldit Community! My name is Saira Mortier (smortier) and I am the new Community Liaison. I am extraordinarily thrilled to be stepping into this role and am looking forward to learning about you, your motivations, and your biggest beefs.
A bit about me:
I'm a former educator, having taught K-12 for seven years and three at the university level. More recently, I've done curriculum development and UX research. I am a huge science enthusiast. Apparently, my (almost) two-year old daughter is as well, because this weekend when she saw a protein dancing around in Foldit, she exclaimed "ohh, wow-wee!". I adore gaming of all varieties (video-gaming, card-gaming, board-gaming, you name it) and enjoy flexing my creative muscles whenever I can get away with it.
Enough about me, though. I'd like to hear about you! Tell me a bit about yourselves (feel free to private message me if you don't want to post here). Why do you play Foldit? How long have you been playing? What do you like about it? What do you dislike or think could be improved?
Please feel free to drop me a line any time you've got a question or concern. I will do my very best to address everything in a thorough and timely manner.
Looking forward to learning more about all of you and this community!
Saira(Tue, 05/23/2017 - 22:03 | 6 comments)