Foldit Lab Report #9: Stay home, play games
A slew of new coronavirus puzzles and a software update that should improve all of your designs. Watch our latest lab report for more.
- 100 anti-inflammatory designs have been selected for lab testing
- A new software update will help beat back BUNS
- Coronavirus: structure prediction
- Coronavirus: inflammatory
- Coronavirus: binder design
DESIGN OF THE MONTH
- Migi's impressive backbone H-bonds
- DNA synthesis has been hampering our laboratory testing – but we have a work-around!
Developer Preview Release Soon
We're releasing an update to the developer preview today with the following fixes and features:
* Renamed the tutorial progression to "Campaign".
* The tutorial progression now follows a branching system instead of a straight linear progression.
* Added optional Science help bubbles to the tutorial text bubbles.
* Updated UI and text bubble colors to differentiate between various types of hint bubbles.
* A new feature has been added which will log messages which could be translated but aren't currently present in the active language pack to the file "untranslated_messages..log" in the working directory. Add the line "log_untranslated" : "1" to your options.txt file to enable.
* Various crash fixes.
Anti-inflammatory designs queued for testing!
We've just pushed an update with the following fixes and changes:
* Added option to the options menu: "fixed camera pivot.". If unchecked, the camera will always pivot around the center of the screen, instead of around the last thing manually focused on.
* Added "radius" slider to electron density panel to view only electron density data within a ball of the given radius.
* Added option to manually enter values for threshold and radius in the electron density pane.
* Added Score filter for Buried Unsatisfied Polar Atoms.
As always, a big thanks to our developer preview players for helping to test this release!(Tue, 05/05/2020 - 01:22 | 2 comments)