Developer Preview Release Soon
We're about to release the following changes to the developer preview:
- The "Enable Backbone Constraints" checkbox in the behavior tab has been renamed to "Enable Cut Bands". This checkbox now should modify only the behavior of the cut bands, and NOT the rest of the backbone. This should fix *some* of the issues with wiggle.
- A new tool has been added - Idealize. Idealize works on a segment of backbone and sets the inter-residue bonds to their 'ideal' angles.
This tool should be very helpful for closing cuts, and resolving backbone quality issues. This tool is available anywhere where local wiggle is available. Additionally, there is a script hook called "IdealizeSelected".
- A Delete button has been added to the track dialog. Pressing the button will delete your track (with a confirmation prompt) and return you to the default track.
* Electron Density
- There is a button in the Electron Density Panel to focus rotation on the density. You can use the HOME or Q keys to refocus on the protein.
- The density score of a residue may now be viewed in the tab menu
You can read our blog post on the upcoming Idealize tool here: http://fold.it/portal/node/995357(Tue, 06/18/2013 - 22:29 | 0 comments)
The Worcester Polytechnic Institute needs your help with an unsolved protein!
Check out the new blog post for Puzzle 731b: Unsolved Chicken Anemia Virus Protein which is worth 150 global points!
Also, please be sure to note the short deadline on Puzzle 730: Blind Electron Density Puzzle 8, which closes on June 18th at 23:59 GMT!(Sun, 06/16/2013 - 00:15 | 0 comments)
Exciting Results from Puzzle 724: Blind Electron Density Puzzle 7
Please check out the new blogpost about Blind Electron Density Puzzle 7: http://fold.it/portal/node/995334
Also, for all our devprev users: Please try out the new new devprev puzzle (a modified repost of puzzle 725) and let us know if wiggle behaves differently from Puzzle 725. Please post your comments here, and thank you again for all your help!(Fri, 06/14/2013 - 06:33 | 0 comments)
Update to devprev and main
Greetings! We have some bug fixes going out to devprev and main today. Here's what you will see:
- Fix bug in intro puzzles where extraneous tools were available when they should not have been.
- Fix crashing bug due to localization errors.
Thanks, everyone!(Wed, 06/12/2013 - 18:32 | 0 comments)