Developer Preview Release Soon
We're about to release an update to the developer preview with some small fixes and improvements:
* Updated chat filter.
* Improved translations.
* Reduced some general crashes.
We've just released an update with some bug fixes and an exciting new feature:
New Feature: Metrics
Metrics are computationally expensive objectives. Since metrics take much longer to compute, we are handling them differently from normal objectives.
As you fold, Foldit will be computing these metrics in the background. Once the metrics catch up to the current state of your protein, your score will update. Until they catch up, your score will be invalid, but you can still use Foldit like normal without things slowing down to a crawl. In practice, your score will catch up shortly after you finish using a tool. In recipes, we're adding a function that waits for the full metric score if you need that value.
* Updated logging to provide more useful information. This will help us debug better, and will also help us track down rogue logfile output and remove it.
* Added lua functions for metrics.
* Remix results are now more reproducible.
* Removed some rogue logfile output.
* Fixed some issues with tutorial tips.
* Added more info to the Windows crash reports.
As always, a big thanks to our devprev players for helping provide feedback and bug reports for this release!(Mon, 10/19/2020 - 23:08 | 2 comments)
Office Hour 10/17/20
Hey everyone! Bkoep will be having an Office Hour in #vet this Saturday, 10/17 at 10 AM Pacific time (17:00 GMT) Time Zone Converter. We noticed that there were a lot of questions regarding the Aflatoxin challenge and the Two-sided Interface design puzzle so please feel free to come with questions regarding those but please feel free to bring questions regarding other topics as well. Hope to see y'all there!(Fri, 10/16/2020 - 00:28 | 0 comments)
Lab Report #13: Design better proteins with Metrics!
Can you believe there's already been a full year of Lab Reports? We have enjoyed making these video updates and look forward to sharing even more footage with you in the coming year. Watch our latest lab report on YouTube now.
- Foldit Metrics are now in devprev
- Binder design preparing for new Metrics
- Symmetric puzzles with tweaks to help H-bond Networks
- horowsah and bkoep will hold office hours in October