Developer Preview Release Soon
We're about to release an update to the developer preview with the following changes:
- Enabling a filter will now run the filter immediately.
- Updated the wording on the filters credit description.
- The IRC Reconnect button should be more reliable.
- You can now cycle to the previous or next residue information on the TAB menu with LEFT and RIGHT. (Note: currently only works in the Original Interface).
In addition to these changes, we're updating our solution file format to include more useful scientific data. Old clients are incompatible with the new information, so as a result, old clients will be unable to load solutions produced by the new client. Just a heads up!(Wed, 03/25/2015 - 22:52 | 2 comments)
More on Vascular endothelial growth factors!
Remember this puzzle from late last year? We have an update on the blog and a new puzzle that has just been unleashed. The first two puzzles for this protein were able to significantly improve the structure of domain 6 of this protein, so we are giving you a different domain this time, with 5 Zhang Server predictions as starting points. You have two weeks, so have fun and good luck!(Fri, 03/20/2015 - 19:37 | 0 comments)
New Release! (Required for puzzles posted after this news!)
We've just pushed an update out to the main game that contains the following fixes and features:
- Loading another player's solution as a guide will now make you an evolver.
- The segment info box has been made taller.
- When using the puzzle search box in the puzzle list, pressing enter will start the currently highlighted puzzle.
- The chat 'Reconnect' button will now forcibly disconnect any other client from chat, and log back in with your nickname on the current client.
- You can now toggle individual filters on and off in the filter panel.
- Added a button for each filter to 'Run' the filter once immediately instead of every update.
- Added buttons for toggling all filters on/off, and running all filters immediately.
- Added lua functions Get/SetFiltersDisabled. These get whether any filter is disabled and set all filters to on/off, respectively.
- The Get/SetSlowFiltersDisabled functions are now deprecated. They now function identically to Get/SetFiltersDsiabled.
- Some puzzles may now be configured to have optional filters (wont disable your score if you disable the filter) and non-realtime filters (must be 'run').
* Bug Fixes
- The Focus on Density button should now focus on the center of the density cell.
- Loading solutions which are a different size than the starting structure as a guide should no longer crash.
There are two big changes in this update.
This first is that filters are now more configurable, and you can disable them individually, or run them on demand when they're disabled.
The second is that loading another player's solution as a guide will make you an evolver. The evolver category is specifically meant to be an unrestricted category that allows information sharing between group members. Using another player's solution as a guide falls perfectly under that definition of information sharing.
Please note that you will need to get this update in order to see and play new puzzles!
As always, a big thanks to our devprev users who've helped test this release!(Wed, 03/11/2015 - 21:51 | 5 comments)